Lanos Oxygen sensor

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

popnfresh

Lanos Oxygen sensor

Post by popnfresh »

i was wondering what type of oxygen sensor i should be using for a 1.5 sohc lanos, is it a three wire one wire or something else?
benzino
Expert

Re: Lanos Oxygen sensor

Post by benzino »

what does yours have?
mine had a 1 wire but can be different depending on the market/emissions regulations
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
popnfresh

Post by popnfresh »

I think it's a one wire, it's a purple wire that goes into the side of the exhaust manifold. I'm in Australia of that helps.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

yep, one wire mate
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150617078900 ... 1438.l2649
this one would be suitable and is also pretty cheap
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

Theoretically you can use a 3 wire if the item is same thread etc. make sure it is using the same substrate as the sensor element, and then wire it in at 12v 10Amp.
The problem with the Lanos item is it runs cold at idle, and the ECU reduces the mapping to ideal. All good until you boot it off the mark, and then the sensor has to get to temp before it starts to tell the ECU it could do with better fuelling. This is the reason why they appear slow off the mark.... its the sensor time to get warm before all the electronics work together.

This is why you are better with a 3 wire item. its already warmed up and ready to go, whereas the single wire one takes its time to work efficiently.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

true true... but for ease of installation 1 wire is fine
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

Correct, its just easier.

No thread/hole problems, no reach problems....

Still running replacement single wire in my Woo, and its covered 231000 kms now!!!

Same old thing. Cheap car=less servicing=more problems in future.

Service them well, and they'll last forever. Ya just gotta change the crank seal....like mine now...Oooops.

Figured I'd change the clutch at the same time, so its on the back burner for now!?!?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

RichieOzzie wrote:Theoretically you can use a 3 wire if the item is same thread etc. make sure it is using the same substrate as the sensor element, and then wire it in at 12v 10Amp.
The problem with the Lanos item is it runs cold at idle, and the ECU reduces the mapping to ideal. All good until you boot it off the mark, and then the sensor has to get to temp before it starts to tell the ECU it could do with better fuelling. This is the reason why they appear slow off the mark.... its the sensor time to get warm before all the electronics work together.

This is why you are better with a 3 wire item. its already warmed up and ready to go, whereas the single wire one takes its time to work efficiently.

Oz, sorry, i have to disagree.
...from experience. I just spent several month with a heated upstread O2 sensor in place of an unheated factory sensor and there was nothing but problems.

the car ran rich all the time and puffed black smoke in traffic at idel.

I have the cat still on my car and the extra fuel was causing the cat to fail and smell like rotten eggs.

just this weekend I put it back to an unheated sensor and it has been getting better.

this would most likely not be an issue with a turbo setup and no cat. but, for a street car that just needs to work, this is not a good idea.

stay with the unheated sensor.