Still Have Cold Start Noise - Audio Sample

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

thats surprising that they sent someone to look at just your car at first. good customer service on suzuki. and glad to hear that its done and over with for you now man.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

Good info! Now we know where to start looking if anyone has a similar problem.
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

Well since it seems to be a problem for ALL 2005 Forenza's, wouldn't it make sense to do a recall to replace that timing belt?

Since only Suzuki and a few other individuals know what the sound is a result of...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

scarr wrote:Well since it seems to be a problem for ALL 2005 Forenza's, wouldn't it make sense to do a recall to replace that timing belt?

Since only Suzuki and a few other individuals know what the sound is a result of...
yes indeed.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
rev320

Post by rev320 »

scarr wrote:Well since it seems to be a problem for ALL 2005 Forenza's, wouldn't it make sense to do a recall to replace that timing belt?

It's not the timing belt, it's the serpentine drive belt for the A/C compressor, alternator, and power steering pump.

Also . . . it's not a safety problem, it probably won't cause any premature failures, and not everyone finds it to be terribly annoying. I don't think it qualifies for a recall. My guess is that they'll make a running change in production, issue a TSB, and make the fix available for those who complain.
Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult