so my exhaust fell off...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

so my exhaust fell off...

Post by Audacity Racing »

i was driving today (rather hard) and i melted the rubber mounts (hangers) on the end of my resonator... the whole pipe fell... grabbed the pavement... and ripped all three mounts at the rear of the car... thus, the exhaust got wrapped around the suspension, and then proceeded to free itself... as it did so... to decided to take out the metal mount that holds the shape of the rear bumber with it...

SO...

i have no exhause from the flex pipe back (took 2nd cat and everything... ripped wires out of the O2 sensor) as well as a retarded looking bumper

WOO WHAT A DAY!

LESSON LEARNED: RUNNING RICH WITH A FLAME THOWER MAKES FOR SOME SERIOUS HEAT!!!!!!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Question: is the car any faster now? :lol: :lol:
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

no... but the sparks were a neat effect
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

:shock:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

ive lost an exhaust before, thats why you never lend your car to a female. The car got reversed into a gutter (exhaust hit, nothing else) and a few days later.....
anyway, i have a queestion,would changing my exhaust again (!) change the note that my intake makes (just a filter) cause i like it with the airbox on, but with a cone on it its noisier (no drama) but its not a good noise, i have no complaints with the 2' system on it, but does that change the noise the intake makes?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

woo wrote:ive lost an exhaust before, thats why you never lend your car to a female. The car got reversed into a gutter (exhaust hit, nothing else) and a few days later.....
anyway, i have a queestion,would changing my exhaust again (!) change the note that my intake makes (just a filter) cause i like it with the airbox on, but with a cone on it its noisier (no drama) but its not a good noise, i have no complaints with the 2' system on it, but does that change the noise the intake makes?
I would highly doubt that it would change the note of your intake's sound. Maybe the loudness factor, but not the tone.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

its the tone that be shitting me, not the volume
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."