leganza valve change

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Lostinconformiti

leganza valve change

Post by Lostinconformiti »

well im in the middle of my valve change from when my timing belt broke and id like to know how long it took some of the other guys that have done this. currently ive hit a snag though the cylinder head. to remove it i need to have my torque wrenchs which are locked in the shop which i dont have the keys to. just thought id let you guys in on my progress. so right now i have a car in a million pieces and thats all. should be done by wednesday. (with help from my uncle). lets here some of your guys's storys about fixing your betn valves (or am i the only one brave enough to try it).

LOSTINCONFORMITI
soon to have my daewoo back on the road.
woo
Expert

Re: leganza valve change

Post by woo »

im currently getting my head reconditioned because the timing belt snapped when my mechanic was driving the car onto a tow truck. Turns out the last people to work on the car didnt tension it at all. Its going to take the shop 7 hours to do it
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Lostinconformiti

Post by Lostinconformiti »

well my cylinder head is off to the machine shop today. should be back here by friday at the latest. 6 of my valves were bent. but the only problem with this wholething is i cant drive the car till my uncle brings it back on next thursday on his day off. well at least it will be working finally. im so happy.
soon to have my daewoo back on the road.
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

It took my mechanic a week to take it to the head shop and replace every single valve, then put it back together!!