HELP!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Frankiewoo

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Frankiewoo »

ok i know i havent been on in a while but i need help from u guys, the timing belt on my leggy just went, what r the chances that i have valve damage, and where can i find a timing belt???? I know that the leggy engine is an interference engine i looked it up on the net so i am afraid that i am f*$ked pls help. :cry:
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

most likely the engine is severly damaged. It's impossible to tell until you have a mechanic look at it. However all is not lost. Look on ebay or on www.car-parts.com for a spare engine. Also let us know what you're doing with the scrap engine (provided it is damaged beyond repair).
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Well ... if it broke while the engine was running (is there any other way?) then there is a 99% chance the valves damaged the pistons and probably broke off.

For a timing belt, and most everything else, you can go here:
www.gm-car-parts.com

Good luck!
I don't want the same fate to fall upon my Leganza, so I have pretty much stopped driving it now that it has 46,000 miles on it. I have the new belt, but have not yet had it installed.

Good luck and keep us updated.

BTW, if it is under 60,000 miles, then it *should* be under warranty.

Cliff
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

dno about US but in EU that wouldnt be warenty.. in EU the milage on the timing belt was lowered .. from 90.000km to 60.000km...

or 60.000miles should be les then 60.000km but dont think so? not sure :roll:

and yes your engine is almost damaged hard for sure :s
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

I figured that much yea my car is over 60000 miles, and it did break while the engine was running, my brother is a mechanic and he isnt sure if the engine is damaged or not, well we're goin make our werdict today, thank u guys much appreciated, damn this F*%king sux this is my only car! :x
nasser

Post by nasser »

Well, I think the valves are damaged. But u dont need to get another engine. You just remove the complete head and go and find a head with all components on it
( cam,valves,springs) from skrab for a low price and fix it in your engine.
my brother had the same problem with his mitsubishi lancer coupe and we did that.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You could allways buy another Leganza and use one as a parts car.... I've seen quite a few go cheap on EBAY.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but you could probably make a profit selling the excess parts to others (such as the tranny, ECU, interior parts, exterior parts)

If your brother is a mechanic then this should be easy.... I wouldn't be surprized if you made more money on the parts than you paid for the entire vehicle. ( since you wouldn't have to pay for labor )

I hate buying used parts... you never know what your getting... I'd much rather pick up a whole car that I know is in good running order then take what I need and sell the rest. (as long as the car is cheap enough)
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

Thanks for everything guys well we got the head off and the valves are f*cked i'm going to send it out to a machine shop, i have a question though, the pistons seem clean but r there supposed to be grooves in them for the valves my brother says its ok b/c he has sem the same grooves on a ford. My other question is since i have the car in pieces what performance parts can i slap on and where can i get them, and i also need a head gasket Kit.

Thanks so much guys, my woo will never die :twisted:
BeaArthur

Post by BeaArthur »

Three cheers for perseverance.
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

so any suggestions for upgrades???? or head gasket kit???????

:twisted: