timing belt brok, i think?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kalekendel

timing belt brok, i think?

Post by kalekendel »

the other day while i was driving and i started hearing a sound only when i pressed on the gas and after a few miles of that i heard a slapping sound and then i felt me car run over something the car then stalled. i looked under the timing belt cover by pulling it back a bit and noticed the belt was missing so i was wondering if the belt is gone would it still be inside the cover or could it have fallen out because i couldnt find it out on the road in the 200 feet stretch where it should have been. also how hard is it to take the cover off completely and what kind of labor time would i be looking at with my moderate auto skills. would i be better of bringing it to a mechanic the belt itself was just replaced recently and i was told it took 2 hours please people if it is easy even if it takes a little time should i do it. if it is easy can someone find me the information in order for me to destroy, i mean fix my car, lol.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

what car? what engine?

check the how to section for timing belt jobs and check the cover removal.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kalekendel

Post by kalekendel »

sorry about that its a 99 nubira 2.0
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the belt could be residing at the bottom of the cam belt case... you will never know till you remove the cover and throughly check it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267