Motor drop - Motor mount bent ruined - Need advice

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats why you wait for the wife to get home, lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

But home depot isn't open after 10pm here. :(

and... I don't wanna. haha. :)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Just finished fixing it to the best of my ability...

Here is a prime example of why you should order the correct bolts when you need to fix something like this.

Some asshat that had the car before me had removed those bolts at some point. I don't know why... but they did.

Instead of putting the proper 15mm bolts (which have an odd pointy end) in to support the arm... They went to some shop and bought some bolt that was 'close'.

He/she snapped off one bolt in the transmission's hole... meaning... Until I can manage to find a way to bore that out or back that headless bolt out of the hole, I will never be able to have 3 secure bolts in there.

The top bolt was a 14mm bolt that was obviously not the right length. It's jammed in there so tight that I fear if I attempt to remove the bolt, it will snap the head off... oh... and did I mention that it doesn't sink to the bottom of the hole? Yeah... it doesn't... it leaves a 1 to 2mm gap between the arm and the head of the bolt... meaning... my arm can't be secured down until it is completely tight/flush to the transmission.

Luckily... it appears the bolt that worked it's way out and dropped down was not replaced with a non-oem style bolt. So... I was able to sink one bolt into that position and secure the engine.

The moral of this story...

USE THE RIGHT BOLTS! Don't try and get crafty by going down to a home depot or something to get a bolt that is 'close'... get the right bolt and put it in the right hole... or you're just making more headaches for yourself or someone else later.

If I knew who the asshat was that worked on my car in the past... I would like to give him/her a swift kick in the head...

So... in conclusion... the car is running... it feels stable... I don't trust it 100%... but there isn't much I can do about that.

*note*... Daewoomofo... I'm not bashing you... I'm just saying that someone who did something like what you were talking about has caused more harm than good.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

buy a bolt extractor, they work really well
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah its cool, ,im glad to hear that yoy have her back on the road. +1 on the bolt extractor, ive never had to use one but i know people that have had good luck with them.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

its great to ear that the woo is in workable condition now :) just need to finish fixing the minor problems, and you will be ready to rock n roll. Also, i would check the other sides and mounts also to see if they have been rigged too!
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!