IAT replacement with a patontiometer

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

well, i think that was the reason, since i've replugged the O2 sensor plug and the CEL doesnt light on anymore....THX GOD :)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
TheSage

Post by TheSage »

MMamdouh wrote:you can use a multymeter to read the sensor's output i guess... or if you have a diagnostic tool you can get the temp reading on the display.

what you are trying to do was done before in the chocochip in the attempt to increase prformance by fooling the ECU and give it false input about the intake air temp and make it think it is cold as hell outside... good idea so far but it is not the whole story.

once the ECU starts to dump more fuel to cope with the colder, much denser, oxygen loaded air by increasing the injector pulse time and the mixture is going to be rich... the ECU is going to detect the rich mixture through the O2 sensor and accordingly will reduce the injector puls time once again.

it is a closed circle were the mixture has to be arround 14.7:1 which is the best ratio for a N/A engine to make power... trying to mess with the ratio will not gain you power so you better rais the engine effecency - turbo it - rather than messing with the sensors.

a long story short... this is not a good idea

MMamdouh
In theory though, if your engine was running lean during acceleration (open-loop situation), this could help you richen that up for stability. If I was going to do a mod like this (I wouldn't), I would wire it to a relay with a wide open throttle switch so it was only toggled on when the ecu determined in increase in engine load.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

make sure the O2 sensor is well connected... and it is better to get the car scanned and the code retrived rather than speculating the problem

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

I am going to scan it MM, i found a service center in El Kasr El Ainy, (it's name is (EL MOBTADEYAAN), he got the scanning tools, and he do that for 25LE., if u wanted more details about its place, its in the same street of(ROZ AL YOUSSEF) magazine, he got Hyunday also.
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i know that service center... actually i live 10 minutes away from it :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267