will timing effect mpg?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sheepdizildawg
Expert

Re: will timing effect mpg?

Post by sheepdizildawg »

its not that i cant do it, i just dont have the time to. I am gone from my house, on most days over 15 or 16 hours. so the time I am here, i sleep. lol. I will take a look at it this weekend And i know where it needs to be lined up at. lol. i rebuilt the engine. lol
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

cool good luck, keep us posted!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

Wolf what do you mean about lining up on the coil pack its all electric that lil trick is a dead one on the dohc woos. no dizzy if thats wat u saying. dont bump the starter grab a 17 ml and hand turn it the smart way to get it lined up just where you want it no hair to be pulled out. pull the bottem pulley off and sepentine belt etc etc make a day of it to line the crank arrow up to the plastic rear timing cover notch........ and make sure your tops are facing each other (1.6) if all good you can look in other areas... or if work is to hectic pay top have it done rather than waste cash on a new sensor when it may not be the prob cheers
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

what wolf is refering to is having the fireing order wrong. but its not that since the car runs, if the fireing order was off the car woudnt run.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

daewoomofo wrote:what wolf is refering to is having the fireing order wrong. but its not that since the car runs, if the fireing order was off the car woudnt run.
what he said. >.< but hey... it was just a thouught. and yea, when u rebuild, you have to make sure to have it all timed up. on the 1.6 the top cams dont like to stay aligned for long, why it helps to have two people.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

yeah, it was me and a friend. took us a good 3 hours thanks to not having the tool to take the water pump off.
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

was the timing out? is it running good now? your not wrong about the cams jumping around but thats the name of the game i spose...