cat removal

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

mmamdouh wrote:i got it from a local shop downtown and it costs 40 LE (6.90 USD).

MMamdouh
THAT'S IT?!?!?! i asked a pipe/muffler shop here about it and they guy said it would be 45 bucks!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I paid 60 bucks for a pipe plus work. (that was for a resinator, not a cat btw).
Audacity Racing
moron

mmamdouh has a really nice cat replacement pipe though... that's what i'm after for now
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Sharkracing is selling them for $80 shipped. I only know this cause I was buying a header from them that turned out to be a bit short so I contacted them, and they told me that for $80 bucks extra they can send me the cat pipe. Too bad that the header didn't fit, and $80 bucks for that is too much.... I think.
Audacity Racing
moron

ok... i realize the tuning time required for this...

what if to work on the back pressure issue, one used an exhaust butterfly? they can be actuated identically to a wastegate so that it opens on certain rpms. with stright pipes on the woo... and one of these babies in line... could you eliminate the back pressure issue? the smallest butterfly i've seen without being too small is 2.5 (lucky me... that's my exhaust size). i'd take the acr to ride revolution and tune the valve for max torque... but would it be with the investment?????