2000 Lanos 1.6, What are ID parts on Throttle body(fixed)?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Edman

2000 Lanos 1.6, What are ID parts on Throttle body(fixed)?

Post by Edman »

I have a 2000 Daewoo Lanos 1.6. I want to know what are the two electronic parts on the throttle body? I know one is the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS). Whats the other part? it looks like a electronic valve?

The throttle body is really black! I'm thinking the piece I can't ID, might be bad.

Edman
Last edited by Edman on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

If it's what i'm thinking off, it's the EGR valve. ONe of the lanos guys will be able to tell ya for sure anyway.
SAZ
---------------------
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Not the EGR valve. EGR valve sits on the right hand side of the engine block, just above the ignition coil, when looking from a birds-eye view. What you have there is the IAC "Idle Air Control" vavle. It probably isn't bad, just dirty. Two screws hold it in there...just take those two out, and clean the piece with some carb cleaner or gasoline.

A bad IAC will throw a CEL, but a dirty/stuck one will cause rough idle, stalling in idle, and difficult startup.
Edman

Post by Edman »

Really! I've noticed a really thick black build up around the throttle valve area(inside), the brass slide is black. Maybe due to the melted hose off the the valve cover, it was split open and looked burnt. This hose went to the air intake housing, right before the throttle body.

My car is running ruff, idle is sluggish and throttle is sluggish. Only if I lightly press the peddel at 25%, then it runs good.

My codes:
p0342
p0301
p0122

I've already ordered the Camshaft sensor. The TPS(throttle position sensor) looks clean and fine, but the valvve thing looks really dirty!

Edman
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I doubt the burnt hose had much to do with it. That's the breather hose that's supposed to vent gas buildup from the crankcase/valve cover. As the oil gets older it vaporizes and enters the intake ducting where it condenses on the throttle body. That black stuff is carbon buildup (basically just burnt oil). A little is normal, but if it truly looks wrong, you'll have to take your throttle body off and clean it. Two bolts hold it to the intake manifold. Undo those two bolts, the two coolant hose connections, and the two electrical connections for the TPS and IAC. Then remove the TB. Remove those two sensors and clean the throttle body with some carb cleaner, then reassemble everything. It's a pretty common job and a good idea to incorporate into your regular maintenance every year or so.

You can also buy a replacement breather hose, but many members chose to leave this off. It isn't a vital part of the car. Keep in mind that leaving it off will more than likely result in some funny smells in the driver's compartment, as well as a nice coating of oil on all of the engine components near the breather outlet.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

My idle air control valve got black and dirty and caused really rough idling and it wouldn't idle lower than 1200 rpm. Cleaned it with throttle body cleaner and all was good again.

I agree once a year is a good idea for cleaning tb's

Jimmy
Edman

If you have the part, I'll buy it off you!

Post by Edman »

Thanks for info, I ran the motor without an oil change for awhile. That explains why the hose may have dissolved(hot oil vapor?) and why my throttle body is black, also the electronic valve on the throttle body might be bad.

Does anyone have a used electronic throttle body valve aka (IAC "Idle Air Control" ). I'll buy it off you!!!!!!!

Edman
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

try going to junk yards (just steal it, thats how i got 1 extra of something happens ;) )

or try to get it off here:

http://www.partstrain.com/

its the cheapest that i found on the net.

I cleaned my today and it runs like new :D

Normally when ppl have a problem with daewoo they just get rid off it, fucking numnuts :lol:
Edman

All problems fixed!

Post by Edman »

Yeah, the junkyards are good to me too!

Read how I fixed it here: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 9574#99574