Adding Metal To Camshaft Lobes.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Adding Metal To Camshaft Lobes.

Post by BosnianLanos »

I know there exist companies that will add metal to your stock camshaft lobe to change the lift/duration to a more performance oriented setting. I know that the only company that makes cams for our car is Intimidator, and maybe some European companies that make them for our Opel cousins. However, these can get pretty pricey. I know the Intimidator one is like $1300 and the Opel ones are similar in cost.

However, what I don't know is where to find these companies that will add the metal to the camshaft lobe. I have the cores that I will send to them, but I don't know where to send them. I'm not too terribly worried about cost. Also, what lift/duration should I aim for for a more mild, streetable cam with decent performance?

I'm hell bent on having a decent all motor build with a little bit of nitrous. If you have read my earlier post, the update is that all of the parts are in, short of the Evofusion exhaust.

I finally have good cash flow and my love for the Lanos is making me modify it at every turn.
woodae
Super

I sent mine in too

Post by woodae »

But the lift they put on toit way to high, it wouldn't idle, I gotit made at webcamshafts.com
2000 lanos 1.5l SOHC
eibach springs
Custom Circa interior
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I'm trying to get CAMs made for the 2.0...if intrest is there then the 1.6 is next.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Go to.... http://www.kentcams.com/

On mid left side under the Product selection pick "By Car"

Then Vauxhall, then Astra and then 1.6 ECOTEC and hit search.

This will bring you up a nice list of goodies for the 1.6L and when you click on the different cams they show you the specifications.

Notice how they specify a power band of 4000 to 8500 for the race cams???

I'm sure that that kind of RPM requires the replacement of the connecting rod bolts, titanium retainers, double spring, titanium retainers and bronze valve guides might be a good idea while your at it.

I also tried just 1.6L 16V and it came up with basicly the same parts..... but there were a few additions.

I'm assuming the Lanos is the ECOTEC head.... but then again.... perhaps the Lanos is just the normal 1.6L 16V head and the Aveo is the ECOTEC head.... I'm not too sure.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
TheSage

Hrrrmmm...

Post by TheSage »

I asked Kent if they made cams for the E-Tec II (as in Aveo). They answered no. Ironically, most everyone else I speak to thinks yes the 16v Opel cams would work in the E-Tec II. All this cross-branding is messing up a rather decent build up. Chances are they are all the same head. Only one way to find out... Though a very pricey way to find out.
2004 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L E-Tec II DOHC
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

What about the 'Opel Corsa 1.6 16V'? They list a whole slew of parts for it including a "Sport Race" cam what has power from 2000-6500 RPM, which is perfect.

Does anyone know if this will fit?