My '02 Nubira CDX Limited Sedan

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wolfsreign
Expert

Re: My '02 Nubira CDX Limited Sedan

Post by wolfsreign »

>.< i want to deaden my whole care for road noise and such.. but the straight pipe ruins the idea, plus it would add alottt of weight, decrease MPG why i havent done it...
on the first picture of ur trunk, you have a clear box on the driver side of the box, is that the ground splitter box? (like the positive side)
and i dont know anything about competing so i dont know the classes. also, any pictures or drawings of the inside of ur sub box? or is it just a hallow box, b.c i thought u made it SLP or SPL w.e it is, so wouldnt you have to have a box inside the sub box? or ducts? @.@
btw, its just looking very sweet. the amp adds serious-ness to the sounds. and nice head unit.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Carr

Post by Carr »

The best tip I can give for applying a bitumun based product is to use a roller to squash it onto the panel, basically like a rolling pin but smaller. It was a pretty cold night when I did mine, so I got my heat gun and gave it a quick heat for about 5 seconds to soften it and help it stick a bit easier. Adding this type of product isn't designed to reduce road noise, only to reduce rattles. If you want to decrease road noise then you need to use a propper sound deadening product or some high density closed cell foam.

The clear box on the left of the box is a power distrubution block, This was used before I got this amp and will be used for when I install my 4 channel amp for my cabin speakers. My amp is earthed to my rear strut top, but will be changing this to earth directly to the battery in the near future.

The sub box isn't the best for SPL (Sound Pressure Level or Being Loud) as the port isn't big enough. I made this one to suit the space I had and tried to make it as loud as I knew how. I am only new to the competition scene and need to learn a lot more to be able make a propper SPL box. I need to silicon the inside joints of the box today, so I will take a couple of pics. Basically the slot port you can see in the pics extends 450mm into the box
'02 Daewoo Nubira J150 CDX Limited 2.0L
Deck: Alpine CDA-9887
Front: Kicker KS600.2
Rear: Removed
Speaker Amp: 4 Channel Fusion Powerplant FP1404
Sub: 15" Fusion Comp
Sub Amp: Epsilon EA-5000D
Personal Best SPL: 145.6dB - Street B
Carr

Post by Carr »

Just a quick update on the progress of my car and stereo.

I have got a new battery, 100ah AGM one which weights about 32kg. This doesn't currently fit in my engine bay, so I have put it in the boot at the moment and removed the front battery. I have also redesigned the sub box a bit with an Aero port (round and flared). I have improved my personal best score by a bit and have recently done 145.6db. I still have a long way to go before I am up with the best in the game, but this is just a hobby for me and just do it for fun.

I need to move the relay box in the engine bay to be able to fit my battery in there to correctly compete in my class for the competitions. I should be doing this within the next 3 weeks as there is a propper comp coming up. I will take some pics as I do it.

Cheers
Chris
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Chris... my friend from the land down under... so sad to hear that your lanos was stolen... i hope the guy that did that chokes to death :evil:

nice nubi bro... and the sound system is great indeed... it is really easy for you guys to get them DBA rotors... i am trying to get a set for my woo but no luck so far... closest dealer is in dubai and they are out of stock :(

is it possible to find out how much does the DBA rotors cost for the 1.6 lanos? (P/N DBA 891SL & DBA 891SR)... if the price is affordable i'd go for a set if i can afford the shipping as well

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Carr

Post by Carr »

Thanks mate. I had DBA's (Disc Brakes Australia) on the Lanos but have gone for a cheaper brand RDA (Rotors, Drums Australia). There isn't too much difference between the performance, but he RDA's I have now started to surface rust after a few weeks where the DBA's were perfect. I will make some calls and see what I can do for you but may take a few days.

Cheers
Chris