Torque steer

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Torque steer

Post by MMamdouh »

where does the steering wheel is supposed to pull under torque steer on a daewoo?

the reason i am asking is that i was debating with Zikas that torque steer will make the steering wheel go to the right... on his car it goes to the left but i am sure that is a tyre problem or so.

i can see that bot hthe lanos and nubira got different length drive shaft so the car is supposed to pull towards the longer shaft not hte short one as Zikas clames... i also saw a paragraph in the service manual that it is normal for the car to pull a little bit to the right under acceleration due to torque steer.

so who is right and who is wrong??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i would say it pulls to the shorter side because there is less inertia to overcome... but heliphino ( ;) )
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

it will pull to the side that is the drive tire (ie. the wheel that gets more power)
In our case it is the right hand side.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
elhamy201

Post by elhamy201 »

i don`t have a clue about this but my car steer to the right too
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mine does it to the right but its more due to the fact that it has some positive caster on the right side. (i did hit something a couple of years back).

now that i think about it does it a bit to the left also...

gonna test that tomorrow
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the car should pull twards the longer shaft not the shorter one simply because the longer shaft would consume some of the torque to get twisted and thut the shorter axel is theoriticaly faster than the right one... this will lead to a little pull to the right... kinda like when having a sticky caliper on one side, the car tends to pull towards the slower side.

Zikas: i think this wraps up my clames... you pull to the left because of tire or alighnment problems... every body else pull to the right just like me.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267