Chevy Optra5 Suspension and Brakes what's available?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Klorophil

Chevy Optra5 Suspension and Brakes what's available?

Post by Klorophil »

Hi there.I've been lurking around for a couple of months and now decided to make my first post.I'm 26 and live in Québec city Canada.I'm currently studying in car repair and am starting my second year.So only 6 months before I work with cars as a job.:) I have been thinkering with cars since i'm 16 and have run several projects since then.So you could say that I've been tuning/modifying for about 10 years now.I've got some fabricating skills and know quite a bit about the theory behind engines etc...(done 2 years in mechanical engineering).So that's it for the intro :P

My question is this, (I'm way too lazy to read all the existing posts and anyway most of them date from 1 to 2 year so...), I drive a '04 Chevy Optra5 base-model, so what is available in the aftermarket regarding suspension and brakes.

I have some contacts to make custom springs and shocks but it's somewhat on the expensive side so I'm wondering what's available thinking that it might be cheaper.

Same goes for the brakes.To say they are weak is an understatement, they are freaking dangerous.

I'm currently researching for swapping in a C20LET but I want to tackle the suspension/brakes first.

Thanks for your answers.

Phil
Québec, Canada
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

As for suspension theres KW coil-overs, one way or three way...and several brands of lowering springs. Apex is the best of the lowering springs in my opinion.

As for brakes I sell custom wilwood big brake kits, up to 12.2" and possibly bigger if you want. Other than that there are stock sized drilled/slotted rotors that barley do anything (and I dint think they're worth the money) and brake pads.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Klorophil

Post by Klorophil »

kinkyllama wrote:As for suspension theres KW coil-overs, one way or three way...and several brands of lowering springs. Apex is the best of the lowering springs in my opinion.

As for brakes I sell custom wilwood big brake kits, up to 12.2" and possibly bigger if you want. Other than that there are stock sized drilled/slotted rotors that barley do anything (and I dint think they're worth the money) and brake pads.
I've gone to KW websites and found the coilovers.However, they seem to be only available in Europe.I live in Canada so am wondering if a) they will fit and b) they will ship it to me.Anyway for that I'll just email the sales dept. at KW.Also it says Lacetti/Nubira in the application list.Correct me if I'm wrong but Lacetti/Nubira and Optra is all the same right?

As for the brakes, do you only sell the rotors or is it a complete kit i.e. rotors, calipers, pads and fittings?And how much would that cost.I'm thinking maybe 12.2'' is a bit on the gigantic size.However, I hate the stock brake system so much that I may go berserk on the brakes.Finally do you have a website or something?

Oh forgot something about the brakes.What kind of wheels will they fit.I don't want to go past 17''.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Klorophil wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Lacetti/Nubira and Optra is all the same right?
Yep, all the same car..
Don´t forget Suzuki Forenza
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Klorophil wrote: I've gone to KW websites and found the coilovers.However, they seem to be only available in Europe.I live in Canada so am wondering if a) they will fit and b) they will ship it to me.Anyway for that I'll just email the sales dept. at KW.Also it says Lacetti/Nubira in the application list.Correct me if I'm wrong but Lacetti/Nubira and Optra is all the same right?

As for the brakes, do you only sell the rotors or is it a complete kit i.e. rotors, calipers, pads and fittings?And how much would that cost.I'm thinking maybe 12.2'' is a bit on the gigantic size.However, I hate the stock brake system so much that I may go berserk on the brakes.Finally do you have a website or something?

Oh forgot something about the brakes.What kind of wheels will they fit.I don't want to go past 17''.
BMS sells the coil-overs outta Cali, search for them by typing "b-motto" and you should find them. They also sells an LSD, CAI, and sway bars.

Yes they are all the same, some use different engines though so not everything is interchangable.

Wilwood big brake kit, 11" (I'm not sure on this) one peice rotor, 11.75" two peice rotor, or 12.2" two peice rotor in plain, drilled, slotted, or drilled and slotted, serval choices of mostly 4 pot calipers, SS brake lines, and all hardware/brackets. The 12.2" kit, slotted/drilled 12.2" rotors, dynalite caliper, SS lines, all hardware is around $800 (off the top of my head) for the front. The 12.2" will fit most 16" wheels, the 11.75" will fit some 15" wheels

Cheers
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Klorophil

Post by Klorophil »

That's interesting.

You previously said you sold that kit.If yes then do you ship to Canada?

Also from what I understand you only have a kit available for the front.Is that right?