C20 GET SWAP IS IN!! NOW WIRING>>>YIKES!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

raitz87
Junior

Post by raitz87 »

:shock: deem that car wold be mighty fast :d
what gearbox are you useing... i'm thinking putting c20let in mine but i dont know what transission to use?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I did some research and found a few guys use a cup full of diesel in their engine.... run it for five minutes and then change the oil.

One guy claimed that he did testing and found it's the same as a bottle of "engine flush" (which is to say that engine flush is simply a small bottle of diesel fuel )

According to what I've read so far.... it works good at disolving all the old sludge in the bottom of the pan... but you shouldn't run the engine very long.

One guy said he would drop in $0.25 of diesel into his crankcase at a station 25 miles from his house.... then drive home and change the oil while it's still nice and warm.

A few guys commented that 25 miles seems like it would be too much time.... and that there is a possibility of damaging the bearings.

A cup full of diesel is a heck of a lot cheaper than your standard bottle of "engine flush" and I'm tempted to try it myself.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Cheap ATF works too
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

raitz87 wrote::shock: deem that car wold be mighty fast :d
what gearbox are you useing... i'm thinking putting c20let in mine but i dont know what transission to use?
She's using the factory Lanos gearbox ( D16... which is same as F16 found in many Opel/Vauxhall/Holden vehicles )

Basicly there are three or four gearboxes which will work

F16, F20, F28 are for sure compatible.... and I think the F18 is as well.

The F16 and F20 drop right into the lanos factory mounts..... but the F28 requires some changes to the mount ( research Astra MKII F28 conversions for more info )

The C20LET would be a great drop in for a Lanos.... even more power than the C20GET.

As long as your not going to crazy with the horsepower (over 200hp) ..... the factory F16/D16 should suit your needs.... over that you should think about the F20 or F28.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
raitz87
Junior

Post by raitz87 »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
raitz87 wrote::shock: deem that car wold be mighty fast :d
She's using the factory Lanos gearbox ( D16... which is same as F16 found in many Opel/Vauxhall/Holden vehicles )

Basicly there are three or four gearboxes which will work

F16, F20, F28 are for sure compatible.... and I think the F18 is as well.

The F16 and F20 drop right into the lanos factory mounts..... but the F28 requires some changes to the mount ( research Astra MKII F28 conversions for more info )

The C20LET would be a great drop in for a Lanos.... even more power than the C20GET.

As long as your not going to crazy with the horsepower (over 200hp) ..... the factory F16/D16 should suit your needs.... over that you should think about the F20 or F28.
with F28 i have to remake one mount:) but the thing is that stock c20let has 150 kw(204 hp) so i have to use other transmisson? f20- ow much wil it handle(if anyone knows)