Bypass immobilizer for new ECU

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bob3825

Bypass immobilizer for new ECU

Post by Bob3825 »

Guys after the engine swap i was running with the 1.3 ecu and wiring but i decided to change the wiring and ecu to the 1.6, so i got an X3 ecu which works with no immobilizer, i think it came to some countries only not all

anyway i haven't still got its wiring because its holidays here and everyone is closed until next sunday, so i thought if i just unplug the immobilizer and connect the 1.6 ecu it should work fine, but it didn't so i tried to play around with the immobilizer wires to try and bypass it untill i fried the immobilizer :D i think i made a short between 2 wires and it went dead, the car doesn't want to start anymore and the flashing red light in the dash stopped flashing

so can someone help me to bypass the damn think because i really need the car running asap
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

At least can someone tell me if the immobilizer cuts fuel or spark or both, and can i just wire the fuel pump directly to a separate switch and the same thing with ignition????
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

It's not that easy!
When the immobilizer recognize a valid key a release code is send to the ECU allowing injection and ignition. That's a pretty secure system.

Daniel
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Yes but i have another ecu that has no immobilizer code, so it should work

Or do i need another wiring harness

I just want to start the car again :(
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Don't think you need a new wiring harness, just a new ignition barrel.

Have been around a good few conversions where, the car needs a chipped key and the easiest route was taking the barrel out and changing it for an older style one without the chipped feature.
SAZ
---------------------
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Pir0 wrote:Don't think you need a new wiring harness, just a new ignition barrel.

Have been around a good few conversions where, the car needs a chipped key and the easiest route was taking the barrel out and changing it for an older style one without the chipped feature.
man that's it?:D

You're a life saver, but just to make sure just the ignition barrel or something else?

And about the other plug in the immobilizer that has about 5 colored wires, do i just unplug that?
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

That black plug? I cant remember what al lthe wires are for but im pretty sure not all of them are just immobilizer wires, as far as i remember m8, my friends nexia, he left that black plug on the end of the barrel connected but i think theres a few wires he doesnt use to do with the chipped key. But if your ecu isnt a chipped ecu then it should be fine, there'll just be wires going to the ecu but no pins on the ecu for those wires. Dont get me wrong m8, im not sure about lanos', but on the nexias anddddd the old corsas and astras, thats what we do.

...I think. :D
SAZ
---------------------
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Oh no this isn't a lanos ignition barrel, just an example of what i meant

our one is totally different and not so much wires, only 2 of them go to the immobilizer, but i get your point where the wires that go to the ecu are not connected to anything, well fingers crossed and hope it works
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Guys if i change the wiring, will it be enough to change the wiring from the Ecu till the engine bay and fuse box? or will i need to change anything else, because i'll have a long day tomorrow looking for the wiring and i don't want to come back and find that i'm missing something

basically i'm getting the wires for the 2 ecu plugs from the ecu till the engine bay
and the whole engine bay wiring for the motor with the fuse box

anything else?
99 1.6 3dr lanos