Wiper switch

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ramichael

Wiper switch

Post by ramichael »

I got a variable speed intermitten wiper switch off of a '99 lanos, i cant find the 2 wire plug on my '01 lanos for the speed comtrol on the wiper switch, have i overlooked the plug or is it added to the wiring harness when the option is added, thanks.
ramichael

Post by ramichael »

So no one has any info on this?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

one person did this before, but i cant remember if it was on a lanos or something else. i wish i knew cause i want that too.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
ramichael

Post by ramichael »

It would be nice if someone could tell me how to wire it up, thanks.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

this is the only info on this that i can find, i knew that some one did it before, this is their story
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7579

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
whitetiger2nv
Junior

Post by whitetiger2nv »

maybe if u werent so rude bout it someone would help.... not all questions can be answered...so be more patient...im sure someone will help
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust
ramichael

Post by ramichael »

Thanks daewoomofo, for the info.
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Yes I fitted an intermittent wiper stalk to my Lanos. The Lanos it came out of had a 2 pin plug in the wiring loom which connected to the stalk but Lanos's that don't have intermittent wipers don't have the 2 pin plug so you have to manually wire it in.

Your Lanos is fitted with a fixed wiper delay of about 6 seconds. The feed supplying this fixed delay is the one you cut to attach the new intermittent stalk. You only cut that one wire and connect the 2 ends to the 2 wires on the stalk. I used bullet connectors.

To be honest I can't remember which colour wire it is I cut but you can easy locate it by probing a volt meter while you have the wiper switch on the 1st setting. The wire that drops to 0v as the wipers rest will be the one feeding the intermittent wipers and the one to cut.

Don't forget that although you have fitted a variable speed intermittent stalk, you will also need to replace the wiper relay unit as well. If you don't replace the relay the wipers will only sweep on the fastest setting at the same speed as your original stalk (about once every 6 seconds). With the correct relay it will sweep every 2 seconds on the fastest setting and every 12 seconds on the slowest.

Hope that helps.
ramichael

Post by ramichael »

Thanks turtle wax, so i hook both wires on the stalk to the one wire that i cut is this right?
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Yes that's right. The 2 wires on the stalk join to the 2 ends of the cut wire. What you're doing is diverting the flow so it goes to the resistor coil inside the stalk which adjusts the intermittent timing. If I remember I don't think it matters which way round you connect the wires. I wired in the 2 pin multiplug socket that was attached to the wiring loom of the donor car, but if you haven't got that then simply cut off the connector plug on the stalk and connect the 2 ends directly to the cut loom wire.
ramichael

Post by ramichael »

Well i got it hooked up and it works like a charm, good thing i pulled that relay from the donor car. The wire i had to use was only hot when the intermitten side was running i guess it has to send voltage threw the resistor in the switch, i cut it and spliced it in couldnt have been easier. Thanks for the help guys.