sick of the front lights of lanos

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos rider

sick of the front lights of lanos

Post by lanos rider »

look at the front left ligth u ill find that it is darker than the right one, and that makes me sick .... am kinda obsessive about the car look.. so how can i make both of them have the same color or what ever ...
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

LoL, I had the same problem! It is a common problem in Daewoo land, almost every Daewoo I see around here has the headlights oxidized.

One way to do it would be to get a simple paint polish/scratch remover put it on a random orbital buffer and simply polish out the headlight to an almost new (can never be perfect) shine. You could do it by hand but it would take longer and wouldn't have as nice of a shine.

Also, Meguirs produces a product called PlastiX (I believe) which is specially designed to clean/protect/remove oxidation on clear plastic. I used this along with a polisher to get some wonderful results.

Just be careful not to scratch the light!
lanos rider

Post by lanos rider »

thanx man i like the idea and i hope it will work ... ill try it tomorrow......
anyway if it didnt work ill sell this ligth and buy a new one
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

we have more daewoos here than any place else on earth and non had oxdizing headlights problems... this seems more like dust leaking into the headlight... maybe i am not seeing it correctly in the pic but if that is the case then you have to dis assemble the headlight, clean it then tightly seal it back.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Perhaps it is moisture in the headlight that has made a fog film on the inside?

I have not seen any Daewoos near where I live that the plastic needs to be polished.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Perhaps it is moisture in the headlight that has made a fog film on the inside?

I have not seen any Daewoos near where I live that the plastic needs to be polished.
it could be that too... you will need to open the back cover to help the water evaporate faster then yuo got to seal the leak to get rid of this once and for all.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Mine were definately oxidized as the PlastiX stuff made them 90% like new. I also saw a '99 Leganza today with oxidation so bad that you could no longer see the inside of the headlights.

But I guess the constant heat, humitidy, rain, and 360+ days of sunshine a year mix to get a nice little oxidation going.