Muffler experiment?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

92alex

Muffler experiment?

Post by 92alex »

hey guys i was bored... like usally.. and i decided to mess with the woo :).. anywho i cut the top off a 20oz pop bottle. and put the mouth peice in the muffler tip so the mouth peice was in the tip and the bigger piece outa the tip. i turn on the engine and rev it up and i get this sorta turbo sound.... there is still a hole coming out of the tip so im not blocking the air so no blocking.... is this doing damge to the engine or no?

PS sounds pretty ricer lol but cool

if no damage i might be keeping it :)
Man with no name
Junior

Post by Man with no name »

The fast and the Furious is

E-V-I-L

throw your copies away now!!! :P
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Man with no name wrote:The fast and the Furious is

E-V-I-L

throw your copies away now!!! :P
+100000. the second i saw that movie i thought RICE!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

If you restrict exhaust flow, you can lose power and damage engine components. Not to mention plastic bits in a muffler have this strange tendency to melt. For technical reasons, I say its a bad idea.

For every other reason, I say its a HORRIBLE idea. Please don't do stuff like that. Get an intake for your car and enjoy the BOV sound. It will actually give you more power.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

2 weeks ago i was on holiday with a few friends... and one shop actually sold these like "prank exhaust whistles".
basically its a lil piece of metal, with a small circular hole, that squezes into any sized exhaust... and it makes the car sound like it has a turbo the size of mt. everest. (eg: you know those big 18-wheeler turbo-diesel trucks you get... and how loud the turbo spool sounds...) and thats what it sounds like...

the first car we put it in was a 1.8 turbodiesel, and the only defect was very high engine tempratures, due to blocking the gas flow... and then we put it in a 1.3 8v skoda... and the engine killed over. haha!

Conclusion: whistle-ish objects in car exhausts = BAD IDEA
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.