I live in the Gulf of Mexico...wish me luck

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

I live in the Gulf of Mexico...wish me luck

Post by Tim04 »

Well guys it has been a very veeerrryyy hectic day here in Houston, TX. The coastal city's citizens have been clogging up the local highways all day and all night! You can not buy gas (because there is none left!) No water left and all fast food establishments have closed as well! You can't even buy a damned Big Mac around here. My family and I have made the choice to stay here because of some of the elderly in our family that don't want to, or can't leave. We will go as far north as possible and ride it out! Wish us luck...and for those of you that do pray...toss one in for The people of the Gulf Coast. :cry:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Good luck to you, your family, and everyone else down there!!

These big storms really suck!

We were very lucky last week when hurricane Ophelia just passed near us and we only got a little rain and wind.

Please be careful, be safe and make sure you have supplies in case things get bad down there.

My family keeps a stock of dry & canned food, water, gasoline, a generator, kerosene lamps, tarps to cover the roof if needed, chain saws, hand saws, and too many other things to list.
I even keep an inflatible boat, tent and emergency supplies in the trunk of my car! :shock: The coast of Virginia and North Carolina gets a lot of hurricanes, so we have to stay prepared. When Isabelle hit us, it destroyed about half my town; everything was just washed away in the flood.

This photo will update every time it updates on the GEOS NOAA web server, so this picture will change every 2 or 3 hours.

Good luck!!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

good luck! i'm throwing one up for ya!
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

TIM!!!!

Good luck you and all your relatives and everyone overthere!!!

yes OZ these storms really suck! we've been hit by storms before and its not good. :?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

No storms here in CT, kind of boring.... no excitement lol
But anyways, good luck Tim!!
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Thanks guys I and everyone else here appreciates your thoughts and prayers...and yeah these storms we have been having lately have been nothing nice at all! I wanted to evacuate and move to higher ground but the highways and interstates are virtually not moving. We will be fine we have the supplies and I have boarded up the windows...I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can. :)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I cant even imagine the chaos... i mean.. here in AZ we get monsoons.. and this year we got some very heavy rain early.. and for an example how stupid people can be. 911 was getting so many calls from people asking why the weathers so bad that all there lines were tied up
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Tim04 wrote:Thanks guys I and everyone else here appreciates your thoughts and prayers...and yeah these storms we have been having lately have been nothing nice at all! I wanted to evacuate and move to higher ground but the highways and interstates are virtually not moving. We will be fine we have the supplies and I have boarded up the windows...I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can. :)
I heard that cops are giving out 1 gallon of gas to each car that has ran out of gas, is that true?
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Tim04 wrote:Thanks guys I and everyone else here appreciates your thoughts and prayers...and yeah these storms we have been having lately have been nothing nice at all! I wanted to evacuate and move to higher ground but the highways and interstates are virtually not moving. We will be fine we have the supplies and I have boarded up the windows...I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can. :)
When the storms start tearing down your house, don't call 911 or start screaming; come online and post instead. :P

Just kidding. In all seriousness, I'm glad Australia never gets storms like that.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Well as of right now everything is fine...we are still getting rain here but I live on the West side of Houston and it really has not been bad at all. Many of the people on the otherside of town are seeing flood waters right now! It's still very windy outside and really not safe to drive anywhere right now. The Island (Galveston) is really seeing some after effects of a storm of this magnitude. Our neighbors down in Kemah and near the NASA area also have high waters and are seeing some serious wind. We have thunderstorm warnings in effect right now up to Wednesday!
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Been hooked on the new, been seein everythin' wish all of the best. All prayers are going out to you and your family and friends.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Good to see you are alive Tim!! Just dont do this again ;)

Tom

Post by Tim04 »

Well I'm back...the power went out for a while but we are up and running now. Fuel is now starting to become available at a select few gas stations, and a couple of stores are opening again. Life is starting to go back to normal around here.....so thats a good thing...I think. Thanks for all the replys and prayers..apparently they paid of for my family and I. :D