Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

D16/D20 fit on newer ecotecs?

Post by Efratech »

Hi,

D16/D20 fit on newer ecotecs?

i wasn't aware that older D16/D20 transmisions fit the newer all aluminum ecotecs engines. i think Chris posted something about it a while but i didnt read it carefully.

This makes simpler for an engine swap for the USA guys, for example... a COBALT supercharger engine on a D16/D20 box of a Lanos/Nubira or other variants.

A Lanos 2.0 supercharged all aluminum should be a rocket and with some good suspension should be a very cool car to drive in a trackday / x-track

Since our boxes usually hold 2 of the 3 engine mounts. Only one will be needed to be fabricated to fit the engine.

Of course there's also some clearance issues and water pipes. but thats nothing mayor.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

So the bolt pattern and the shafts match up? wouldn't that make using their transmissions in the woo's easier too?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

No, they don't fit the Aluminum Ecotec.... the aluminum Ecotec is the reverse of the iron blocks.... they have intake up front and exhaust near the firewall.

Besides... the iron blocks are better in my opinion from a performance aspect.

If this were not true then the Astra VXR would be using an aluminum Ecotec instead of the iron block Z20LEH.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

hmmm i know they're reverse but the transmision sits on the same side as iron blocks.

im not saying they're better but you can find easier an supercharged engine from cobalt or ion redline in the states than a Z20LET/H

the new cobalt turbo comes with 260hp. i love the VXR's.

did a quick search and look:

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph