Used Lanos and Aveo 1.6 headers.

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

Used Lanos and Aveo 1.6 headers.

Post by xiaogary »

I have a set of slightly used 1.6 Lanos 4-1 performance header. Also suitable for use with Aveo. Exactly the same.
Selling at $330US shipped to anywhere in the world. Will have it powder coated before shipping. Comes with original o2 sensor hole. Plug and play, no welding required. Just remove a few nuts from you exhaust, and replace with this.

Should be able to see at least 8-11hp increase on the wheel.

It will take abt 10-14 working days to be air shipped to your doorstep. Payment via paypal.

If you are interested, pls let me know. I may reduce the price due to currency changes. If US dollar goes stronger, it may be possible to be $320 or even $310.

Last edited by xiaogary on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
buddha102
Expert

Re: Used Lanos and Aveo 1.6 headers.

Post by buddha102 »

your ebay item states that it removes the 1st cat.... would it damage the 2nd cat if the 1st one is not there?
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

2nd one is not a cat. Its a straight thru silencer also known as muffler. Its job is to silence the sound. There is only one cat in the car. A cat is a honey comb or mesh like structure that provide surface to let unburn hydrocarbon(fuel) touch the hot surface and burn after mixing with the oxygen there.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

xiaogary wrote:2nd one is not a cat. Its a straight thru silencer also known as muffler. Its job is to silence the sound. There is only one cat in the car. A cat is a honey comb or mesh like structure that provide surface to let unburn hydrocarbon(fuel) touch the hot surface and burn after mixing with the oxygen there.
here in the states we have 2 cats, a resonator and a muffler in the exhaust system

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

daewoomofo wrote:
xiaogary wrote:2nd one is not a cat. Its a straight thru silencer also known as muffler. Its job is to silence the sound. There is only one cat in the car. A cat is a honey comb or mesh like structure that provide surface to let unburn hydrocarbon(fuel) touch the hot surface and burn after mixing with the oxygen there.
here in the states we have 2 cats, a resonator and a muffler in the exhaust system
but would it hurt the 2nd cat?
and xiaogray.. the EGR hole, is it ported with the 4cyl? or is it just blocked off?
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

It is ported. The egr gases are still available to be routed back to the egr valve.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

daewoomofo wrote:
You mean lanos have 2 cats or aveo have 2 cats.
Or do you mean 2 exchaust O2 sensor. My aveo also have 2 exhaust O2 sensor.

My aveo have only 1 cat, one flexible pipe, one center muffler (striaght through) and a rear muffler non straight through).
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

not sure about the aveo's but that i know of all cali cars have to (new yrs) have 2 cats... one basically right after the engine and one later down the pipe. my lanos had 2, ex mani, big cat, flex pipe, 2nd cat, muffler (straight), back box (non-straight)

and thats good the EGR can recirculate. :)
and so in the states, we're wondering with the 1st cat missing, would it dmg the 2nd cat since its not as burned throughly.
and yes the lanos has 2 o2 sensors. on mani and 1 b4 flex pipe.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah like wolfy said

it goes:
first o2
first cat
flex pipe
second o2
second cat
resonator
muffler

xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Any picture to show the undercarriage of the aveo which u guys mentioned have 2 cats? I look at the parts manual. There is only one cat for all version of aveo. One center muffler and one rear muffler.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i cant find one, but here in the states its standard to have ALL cars run OBD2. which uses 2 cats

xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

daewoomofo wrote:i cant find one, but here in the states its standard to have ALL cars run OBD2. which uses 2 cats
the emission standard is not regarding 2cats. But rather 2 oxygen sensors. First one is to detect whether the temp is too high, too high means the burning is too lean. When temp is too high, nitrogen oxides are formed, NOX. Then it will send a signal to make the fuel mixture richer, richer fuel mixture have extra fuel which cools down the combustion chamber temperature.

The second oxygen sensor is to detect whether there is a lot of burning in the cat, if there is, meaning the cat is functioning by removing those hydrocarbon (unburned fuel), by providing a surface in the cat honey comb structure to burn with the oxygen. If temp of first cat and 2nd cat is the same, means the cat is not functioning. The level of hydrocarbon remains the same and are emitted at the exhaust.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah i know, but i was just saying that here in the states obd2 uses 2 cats

xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

I have another used header for sale again.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

I have got one used header for sale again. It will be powder coated before delivery into nice silver color.
$329.98US shipped to anywhere in the US or Canada.

New ones are available at $369.98US shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0467156767
Aveo 1.7M DOHC