Twin turbo ZET

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Frankiewoo

Twin turbo ZET

Post by Frankiewoo »

What do you guys think of this product someone is selling it on ebay what do you think check out the site:

http://www.turbo-car.com/main/main1.htm

Is it worth it :?: Its says it's a turbo and should my Leganza :twisted:
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I ask one time about that in other forum, resulto... NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ask to a pro to be shure. Don waste money if you are not 100% sure. :?
ImageImage
Bringrice

Re: Twin turbo ZET

Post by Bringrice »

Frankiewoo wrote:What do you guys think of this product someone is selling it on ebay what do you think check out the site:

http://www.turbo-car.com/main/main1.htm

Is it worth it :?: Its says it's a turbo and should my Leganza :twisted:
This has already been discussed on the TSR thread over a year ago. Bohwa trading tried to get me to sell their product here in the USA. They sent me a few samples, put them on...it did nothing, and in some cases, restricted air flow. All it is is a computer fan that you hook up to your battery, nothing more. Its a waste of money

If your looking for an electronic supercharger, your much better off getting http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ E-Ram. People have tested this any have seen a gain in their 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. Its reported that it pushes 1psi. The old TSR forums have some information on this product
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I still no beleave in it. :evil:
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

mocpac_ser wrote:I still no beleave in it. :evil:
The Electric Supercharger "E-Ram" has been proven to work. It works only at wide open throttle and provides somewhere close to 1psi
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Thats what the page said... Is a copy paste... the page also said the price is like 350.00 w\ that amount a put a header, hi flor catalitic, exhaus end remove the resonator. (some performance). Or I can buy a APEXi ECU. And modify... Lets see....hmmmmm :twisted:
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

mocpac_ser wrote:Thats what the page said... Is a copy paste... the page also said the price is like 350.00 w\ that amount a put a header, hi flor catalitic, exhaus end remove the resonator. (some performance). Or I can buy a APEXi ECU. And modify... Lets see....hmmmmm :twisted:
Ok like I said, this entire topic is old and we discussed this on TSR this time last year. The E-Ram does yield real results:

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-b ... 6;t=002284

And for people that are too lazy to go to that link, here is what BV1 said about the E-Ram after installing it on his Hyundai Accent
Alright, tried the E-RAM this weekend. I didnt bring it to the dyno, However I have pics of the install however if your interested. I did about 10 G-TECH runs with and without it on the same stretch of road.

The E-RAM should be mounted behind the MAF on MAF cars as it WILL screw up the reading significantly.

On the MAP based accent GSi, the MAP sensor reads a +.9 psi at idle and a +.3 psi at WOT (6000 RPM). It gives about 4-5 WHP on the accent and I read as high as 12 WHP on the Tiburon. However consistently I was reading 8 WHP, 138 to the wheels with it and 130 WHP without the E-RAM (with 2900 lbs wieght entered). Keep in mind that my tiburon has a full breather system (I/H/E). The accent just had the CAI.

I couldnt feel the E-RAM power up when I turned it on, however at high RPM the car did not lose power as it normally would, the power stayed strong until redline (6500 RPM).

The E-RAM draws only about 30 AMPs when working at WOT, but at idle if turned on, it could blow the fuse, as its working harder drawing the whole 50. Also the inline fuse provided with the E-RAM is crap, the fuseholder burnt out on the first run. Not the fuse, the fuse holder. Couldnt figured it out, there was conductivty through the fuse holder, but the internal resistance had climbed so high that it would only let about 1 amp though.... So it got cutout, .

Also the current that the E-RAM draws comes entirely from your alternator, not your battery like the site claims. Your alternator is CHARGING your battery at around 14.3 V. Your battery with the car off is at most 13.0 V. With the E-RAM on the system voltage with the car running, dropped to about 13.9-14.0, meaning that no power was being drawn from the battery, also you could feel the alternator working harder when you powered it up. (As if the dim interior lights didnt give it away).

All in all, I would go with a more dependable, consistent modification, for the money it costs. I had the E-RAM blow off the CAI twice, and the results were not consistent. I dont think the ECU likes it either, but it did provide the gains it claimed, but I wonder how long it can provide them before burning out?

For now, the E-RAM is being mounted on the accent GSi.

-Steve
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »