2000 nubi SE

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

armykyle1

2000 nubi SE

Post by armykyle1 »

Hey I just joined the site. Any input on performance parts is needed. I am somewhat tech savvy. The only thing I have done so far is a custom short ram intake, some work to the intake manifold. In the next few weeks I will be putting a custom exhaust system on it removing the second cat and running 2.5" pipe to a "flow through" muffler unless someone can give me a better idea. I have an extra exhaust and intake manifolds that I will be porting out and jet hot coating. If I stay away from forced induction I want to put down 150 to 170hp at the wheels, which are 17" motegi MR7 wheels (way toooo heavy.) I will also be lowering it soon and I want to put a strut tower bar on it. On the cosmetic side of things I'm going to color match the grill and rear trim above the plate. I have already removed the badges on the car and pin stripping. I painted the calipers silver (green looks stupid.) On the interior side of thing its a mess. Im waiting on funds to finish my stereo which will be 3 RL-i sound splinter 10s on a hifonics 2600watt amp running at a 3.67ohm load or like .85ohm load. I'm running 6.5" mpryre mids in the doors (sound great btw) no rear speakers. I'm debating on what colors to paint the inside with. Any input would be helpful thankyou
Attachments
P1030758.gif
head unit
(77.54 KiB) Downloaded 1102 times
P1030773.gif
dynamat doors
(89.35 KiB) Downloaded 1103 times
P1030776.gif
6.5s in the doors
(72.51 KiB) Downloaded 1102 times
armykyle1

Re: 2000 nubi SE

Post by armykyle1 »

I'll upload more stuff later
Attachments
P1030172.jpg
only pic i could I find
(118.38 KiB) Downloaded 1100 times
P1030757.gif
leftovers lol
(86.74 KiB) Downloaded 1103 times
P1030760.gif
running new wires.
(81.14 KiB) Downloaded 1101 times
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

Hey guys I'm putting exhuast on this week. I don't want a raspy sound. What kind of pipe should I use? Would blow through pipe be ok? I'm taking the second cat and pre muffler out.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

it shouldnt be raspy at all with a different muffler/backbox... i used to have that setup on my lanos, from the manifold it was just the cat, then just piping all the way to a straight-cut 3.5" jap style box. it was hecticly loud.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

Thank you for the reply. Yea I don't want the angry weed eater sound lol. I figure this should free up around 10-15hp. I want to put a high flow cat in but I can't see spending 250$ on a cat that will have to weld. As for it being loud the back of my car is coverd in dyna mat
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

10-15 is very hope full. you might get 5 if your lucky. small engines like thest dont get the huge gains that v8's get from small things, sorry

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

That's true. The only reason I say 10 is the short ram I put on. If you do an exhaust system or a CAI the gain is minimal but combined its pretty good.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

daewoomofo wrote:10-15 is very hope full. you might get 5 if your lucky. small engines like thest dont get the huge gains that v8's get from small things, sorry
thats true. with the wrong exhaust setup (eg: one thats too freeflowing) you will end up losing power.

ive played around a lot with different exhaust setups, and ive kinda set myself a rule for future exhaust work... only change one part/section of it. because when i had mine as loud as u like with the mid-silencer/resonator removed and big jap box it felt slow. the engine responded less well to throttle changes (ie: putting ur right foot to the floor) and bottom end torque was shot.

with the standard rear box and no mid box there was more bottom end torque, and the engine also responded better. just before i dont my turbo conversion i was running the standard cat, no resonator and a vw polo mk4 rear silencer and it sounded 10 times better than the daewoo silencer.

the only time i'd recommend having a very freeflowing exhaust is with a turbo. currently ive got a 2.5" downpipe/front pipe going into the stock cat and then into a 2" straight cut silencer. on a non-turbo engine this would probably cause it to lose all its bottom end and mid range torque, but top end power might increase, but not by too much.

instead of a hi-flow/sports cat, just get a decat pipe made, and put on the cat when it comes to emissions testing time. a lot of mechanics would recommend this probably.

if you're not too bothered about torque... then a short ram intake with a BIG airfilter and a freeflow exhaust is ur friend. lol thats what i'll be doing for my next project.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

short ram intakes also arent very good. you are sucking hot air from the engine bay into the intake. hot air=less oxygen which is less power. ivegot a short ram and i really want to go back to full CAI

armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

I don't have to worry about emissions where I live. U are correct about back pessure. These cars do require a mild amount which is why I'm not strait piping everything. I don't know how to program so I'm prolly not gonna run a turbo unless I find someone who can do it. I'm gonna leave the 1st cat on there and leave it alone lol. As for my short ram my piping broke so I had to short ram it. Ill let yall know how the exhaust goes
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

I cut the muffler off today. The car sounds great! There is an increase in power, and I cant hear it on the interstate lol. I just need to run the tip back to the stock location. Also tomorrow I will be cutting out the resinator and second cat. It should be stupid loud.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

your not gonn have very much back pressure, and your low end torque will suffer if you cut all of that out.

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

armykyle1 wrote: It should be stupid loud.
I agree... it will definately be loud... and it will definately be stupid
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

Didn't cut it out today, too much rain. Put NGK iridium plugs, car runs better gotta wait to see the MPG. I'm keeping keeping the stock size pipe. I'm going to do some real test tomorrow to see what numbers the car has. If they lower when I cut that stuff out I'll put 2 chamber muffler on it. I know I'm going to have to do some playing around to find its sweet spot. Some time next month I'm going to get my old head, intake and exhaust manifold and port match them. I've already had the head shaved and cleaned and the machine shop said it'll be fine. If I want to get some new more aggressive cams where should I go? I've looked through the vendors listed here and I'm not getting anywhere as far as finding cams go. Also If I go that crazy how do I tune it. I can do all the mechanical work. Do I just bring it to a dyno shop and they can tune it? Also should I scrap the 2.0 and go to a 2.2? What kind of problems would putting a 2.2 in there present? I'm really just doing a lot of brainstorming. I've never really done and tuning or hot roding with tuner type cars. So I'm playing with this one.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

armykyle1 wrote:Didn't cut it out today, too much rain. Put NGK iridium plugs, car runs better gotta wait to see the MPG. I'm keeping keeping the stock size pipe. I'm going to do some real test tomorrow to see what numbers the car has. If they lower when I cut that stuff out I'll put 2 chamber muffler on it. I know I'm going to have to do some playing around to find its sweet spot. Some time next month I'm going to get my old head, intake and exhaust manifold and port match them. I've already had the head shaved and cleaned and the machine shop said it'll be fine. If I want to get some new more aggressive cams where should I go? I've looked through the vendors listed here and I'm not getting anywhere as far as finding cams go. Also If I go that crazy how do I tune it. I can do all the mechanical work. Do I just bring it to a dyno shop and they can tune it? Also should I scrap the 2.0 and go to a 2.2? What kind of problems would putting a 2.2 in there present? I'm really just doing a lot of brainstorming. I've never really done and tuning or hot roding with tuner type cars. So I'm playing with this one.
Just do lots and lots of reading....
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com