Nubira II cold air intake...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rafy

Nubira II cold air intake...

Post by Rafy »

hi everybody :smt006 ...i had a K&N conical filter on my nubira not so good tho.. good response at high rpm but,not at low...i lost torque...to much hot air..actually one thing was good,fuel economy because of the hot air,but thats not what I want... so I bought a K&N panel filter..but i am not sure if the pipes are good shoul i get biger pipes...? im trying to do some sort of a cold air intake...

Attachments
1.jpg
STOCK INTAKE...
(146.52 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
2.jpg
RESONATOR OUT....NEW PIPES..
(125.08 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
MMamdouh

Re: Nubira II cold air intake...

Post by MMamdouh »

this is quite normal with SRI

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Rafy

Post by Rafy »

so you say ishould keep the stock pipes :)
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Rafy wrote:so you say ishould keep the stock pipes :)

or find a way to get cold air to it. Either build a cold air box or a full cold air intake system.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewooluvr wrote:
Rafy wrote:so you say ishould keep the stock pipes :)

or find a way to get cold air to it. Either build a cold air box or a full cold air intake system.
+1

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Rafy

Post by Rafy »

:badgrin: much better now...no more hot air 8)...and the throttle responds well 8) much better than conical filter

Carr

Post by Carr »

Nice work. If your car is the same as mine, then the piping shown in the last pic connects up to the engine bay side of the wheel arch. From what I could find, that is only a very small cavity and couldn't find where it pulled the air from. You would probably get even better response if you removed it and secured the open pipe within your upper wheel arch. It would mean you would probably need to clean your filter more often, but would give better air flow.

Cheers
Chris
'02 Daewoo Nubira J150 CDX Limited 2.0L
Deck: Alpine CDA-9887
Front: Kicker KS600.2
Rear: Removed
Speaker Amp: 4 Channel Fusion Powerplant FP1404
Sub: 15" Fusion Comp
Sub Amp: Epsilon EA-5000D
Personal Best SPL: 145.6dB - Street B
Dylan2342

Post by Dylan2342 »

Hi, I have a basic 2000 daewoo nubira II. How complicated was this setup, or did you just replace the stock filter with k&n? I wanted something simple to improve my car just a touch (as much as I would love to have a Nubaroo lol). But I was just wondering how much it would take to do something like this to my car. Oh and with this setup how is the fuel economy?

Edit: sorry, I didn't realize this was a couple month old post. If I get a response, "yay!" If not, then sorry again.
Dylan2342

Post by Dylan2342 »

I can't find an actual aftermarket intake for my car, only a K&N filter. The only intakes that I can find are the Weapon R intakes and I've heard a lot of bad things about them. Could I use the weapon r intake piping with a K&N panel filter? would that be effective? A lot of what i heard about WR intakes is the foam filter is virtually ineffective. Could anyone point me in a certain direction? Thanks for any help.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Dylan2342 wrote:I can't find an actual aftermarket intake for my car, only a K&N filter. The only intakes that I can find are the Weapon R intakes and I've heard a lot of bad things about them. Could I use the weapon r intake piping with a K&N panel filter? would that be effective? A lot of what i heard about WR intakes is the foam filter is virtually ineffective. Could anyone point me in a certain direction? Thanks for any help.
I've never heard any issues with the WR filters. Most ppl on here purchase a cheap cold air intake for a honda and modify it to fit.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com