R and R steps for the Heater Core on a 2000 Leganza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rclements

R and R steps for the Heater Core on a 2000 Leganza

Post by rclements »

Mine is dumping coolant inside my car and have all the carpet and pads soaked and smelling like coolant

Rob
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Unofortunately, you will need to remove the heater core, and take it to your local radiator repair shop. It should not cost too much, but it will be rather time-consuming to remove it.. :(

Understand that,

Post by rclements »

does anyone have the step to remove and replace it
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

If you don't really need it, you can bypass it like I did. Mine cracked and was draining my coolant...but I really dont know where it went?!

There are two tubes of coolant heading for the firewall, they are right next to each other, center of the firewall, maybe halfway down. Either cut both tubes or remove them and combine them with a V-Pipe. It's like a half inch wide black pipe thats in the shape of a V, only an two or three inches in length all together. Attach each tube you took off to the firewall and put in on the new pipe.

Successful bypass. No more leaking. You can't use your heater anymore, but it's not all that bad... not worth the hassle of removing all of it, fixing it, and then putting it back. Especially if you live in a hot place like I do...Florida.

If it seems like the way to go for you, write back and I'll have pics and more detailed instructions. I have a Lanos, but it should be similar.
rclements

Thanks, but

Post by rclements »

I understand the bypass, we did that alot back with hot rods has V-8 in them, I need my heater in North Georgia, so does any have the steps in removing the heater core
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Most likely you will have to remove most of your dash to get at it.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com