New Custom Lanos Taillights (will have PICS tomorrow)!!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

New Custom Lanos Taillights (will have PICS tomorrow)!!

Post by AcingTeam »

Hey guys,
I finished my taillights tonight... wow what a tidious process it is... cut my hands in 2 different spots too. Big thanks goes out to OZ's (Cliff's)instructions.
Very easy to do, but very easy to mess up and chip part of the taillight (or get the goey stuff on the taillight). Well I did fine, was pretty close a few times though.
A few things I need to finish. Maybe find new LED's for brake bulbs (already have the gel ones) and replace the signal bulbs with orange ones. Other than that they look AWESOME!!!

I will post pics tomorrow morning :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell yeah i've been wanting to do that for the longest but since i painted mine(dumbass me) i have to wait until i can either find some really cheap ones or just stop buying useless crap and save up for them, or just pay off my debts first to amke it easier. :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

I didn't come accross OZ's instructions... could you post what you did in a step by step procedure??

BTW: can't wait to see them pics.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not done with them though, still have to replace some bulbs (turn signals are clear and very bright at the moment).

You will need 2001+ HB Tails to do it. And here's OZ's instructions: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 01&start=0

What do you guys think??? :)

p.s. I know the car is a bit dirty and it is snowing
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

I can't wait to dig up a set of these lights (hopefully from a pic and pull) and do this because I have a silver lanos I know it would look absolutely sick!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Those look really good on your car.
Have you thought about silver mirror tint on the windows?
That's what I'm getting done to my Lanos in the next few weeks.

I had completely forgotten I made those instructions. Thanks for the link!

LOL

Cliff
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Have you thought about silver mirror tint on the windows?
That's what I'm getting done to my Lanos in the next few weeks.
Cliff
I'm getting my new muffler installed and new Eibach springs and then I'm done with the car for a long time... spent way too much money already.

Well, I got LED's for brake lights by APC, those are SOO bright comparing to my gel covers on stock bulbs. But looks a whole lot better :)
Also, I'm just going to go with orange bulbs for the turn signals, because it's nearly impossible to find clear ones (that light up orange) and I'm done spending money.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nice work man... but i got to say this: this mod looks the best on a silver Woo, for a red Woo it is better to tan the tail lights in black.

my 2 cents.

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:nice work man... but i got to say this: this mod looks the best on a silver Woo, for a red Woo it is better to tan the tail lights in black.

my 2 cents.

MMamdouh
I completely agree with you, that's what I thought even before starting this mod... but I LOVE the change :D
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Looks nice, unfortunately I have the sedan and that mod is completely out of the question. :(

If your looking for LED bulbs, you can find some amber ones for your turn signals all over Ebay. They actually do have most colors as I have been checking.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

OK, those LED lights that I bought instead of my brake lights do not get brighter when I brake... GRRRR... only more of those tighny bulbs light up, but it doesn't make any difference, so I'll have to put normal red bulbs instead of these.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I can probably find some mirror-finish orange bulbs. What type are yours?
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

360 Dynamics wrote:I can probably find some mirror-finish orange bulbs. What type are yours?

I did find some, but they were 10 bucks each + shipping... I have orange ones installed right now and they're not too bad.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BosnianLanos wrote:Looks nice, unfortunately I have the sedan and that mod is completely out of the question. :( .
maybe the clear lights is out of the question but the tanned lights are not... we normally use regular black window tan stickers to do the job and it turns out great on red and maroon cars.

also we use red stickers to tan the tail lights on white or black cars (all red tail lights mod) and also it looks great especially on the white ones.

MMamdouh
damian007vk
Super

i

Post by damian007vk »

I particularly like the 2001+ tails as they are...they look very euro, are very unique, and cool style with that black chrome surround. Hell, mazda ripped of the daewoo design for their new mazda 3 hatch tail lights...And even the 98-00 tails arent that bad stock...they arent as eye catching, but look like mercedes benz tail lights.