New Custom Lanos Taillights (will have PICS tomorrow)!!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

is it possible to swap the OEM tail lights on a '99 hatch with the OEM tail lights of a '01??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

mmamdouh wrote:is it possible to swap the OEM tail lights on a '99 hatch with the OEM tail lights of a '01??

MMamdouh
Yes, it is possible, but they are not a direct replacement. Some wiring needs to be modified.

I did the reverse of that and put '99 lights on my father's '02 Lanos because he likes the older style lights better on his dark blue car.

When you switch the lights, you will have an unused and unneeded light bulb socket left loose inside the hatch door where the smaller light housing assembly fits.

The '01 style lights require only 3 light bulbs per side. Turn signal on the out side, brake light in the center and reverse lights on the hatch.

The '99 style lights require more, 4 or 5 if I remember correctly, so when you change to the '01 style lights, you will not use them all.

When I changed my father's lights, I had to modify some of the light bulb wiring harness.

If you make this change, I highly recomend that you have a friend to help you press the brake lights, turn the turn signals on & off and you stand at the back with a working test light or volt meter so you can find which wires make the correct lights work.

I think the whole switch from the old to new should be around 45 mins or less if you have all the necessary materials ready, such as wire cutters & pliars, small flat screwdriver, 8mm socket wrench (or is it 7mm? I forget), and anything else you may want to use, like zip ties, electrical tape and beer.

Image Image

If anyone needs any more help with this, I will go out to my cars and look at exactly what needs to be changed and how to do it.

This smells like another tail light HOW TO being starged!
mightywoo

lights

Post by mightywoo »

those clear lights are awesome nothing like that for my car ????

i tinted mine.

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Unfortunately, the only rear lights that can be changed are the 2001 and newer Lanos hatchback lights.

There are no factory lights that can be changed on the Lanos sedan, Nubira sedan, hatch or wagon, or the Leganza.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i like the tint on mightywoo's car... probably will do the same on my car.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267