My new manufacturing company (automotive)

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

My new manufacturing company (automotive)

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well... it's official.... I'm now the owner of Precision Boost Systems.

I will be manufacturing electronics and various metal and fibreglass/carbon fibre products in the near future.

I'm working with a local tuning shop which owns a DynoJet and I may purchase a good portion of this company if we can work out a deal.

I want to start with products for the Daewoo/Opel lines and electronics will be my primary focus.

I'm also looking at purchasing a CNC Vertical mill and a Mandrel bender so I may get into manufacturing exhaust systems, turbo manifolds, various flanges, brackets, valve covers at some point down the road.

The shop I'm partnering up with just hired a 3rd year machinist who has spent the last three or four years installing performance parts such as turbo kits so I might make use of him for developing performance parts.

I will most likely sell my products through 360 Dynamics and the tuning company I'm looking to partner up with.

It's possible that I will be giving out free demo parts along the way so feel free to PM me with your ideas about cool things that can be made for the Daewoo vehicles ( electronics, engine, turbo, interior parts )

One product I'm very interested in making is an interface for installing a turbo system on a naturally aspirated vehicle.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly, I will still spend most of my time running my current manufacturing business but I should be able to make time for my designs after my regular work hours.
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

congrats! hook us up with some more great parts!
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

can i come work for you??? i got tired of the shit at my work so i quit today
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Nice, free demo parts... how about a free turbo kit for me to test out :lol: ?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

all i can say is YES!!! :D

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Congratulations Chris!

Cant wait to see the parts coming! :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

That's great, Chris. All my best to you on this and I hope your family doesn't suffer any loss of your spending less time with them. :) LOL

You know we'll support you as we can, as we are doing with Tom.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

congratulations man!

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:That's great, Chris. All my best to you on this and I hope your family doesn't suffer any loss of your spending less time with them. :) LOL
I've been spending one or two days during the week and saturdays at the shop for the last two months and it hasn't been too bad.

I'm probably going to start working from 8pm to 12pm on certain nights (after my daughter goes to bed)

The manufacturing parts stuff is the easy part.... juggling my spare time and family life will be the hard part.

Luckily I have the ability to simply hire someone if it proves to take up too much of my time.

Right now I'm not hiring anyone ( sorry WooHoo ) as I haven't purchased the equipment yet.... I'm still negotiating pricing and operational structure with the owner of the tuning shop.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm going to change my name over to Precision Boost at some point just so everybody knows.
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

Congratulations 8) 8)
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

that is too awesome that someone has the capitol to actually start doing big things for daewoo here in the north america! Good job man I can't wait to get some things from ya when you get this off the ground!
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Erfinder wrote:I'm going to change my name over to Precision Boost at some point just so everybody knows.
why don't you add a section for Precision Boost in the forum just like 360 dynamics and intimidator??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I can give you a short list

Forged pitons
forged rods
underdrive crank pulley Aveo, Lanos, and 2.0
strut bars
header NA and Turbo
cat back exhaust
brackets to mount bigger calipers
true Ram air kit
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Forged anything is out of the question.... but I can certainly look into manufacturing billet rods and pistons.

Forged rods can be made slightly lighter than billet rods but both can be used in higher horsepower engines.

I could allways buy some blank forgings from someone and machine them to the Daewoo specifications but this would make the parts much more expensive.

There are lots of companys that make Billet rods and cranks that handle thousands of horsepower.

The other stuff is easy....I really want a mandrel bending machine... I'd be one of only two businesses in my location that have one. (the other one can only do small diameter pipe less that 2" )

With a mandrel bending machine strutbars, headers, intakes, exhaust, turbo downpipes and many more products can be made fairly easy.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sun May 15, 2005 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.