My Leganza needs HELP!!!!!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

RhinoWrecker

My Leganza needs HELP!!!!!!!

Post by RhinoWrecker »

:oops: It has probably been a month since my 2000 leganza had a head job, and now the oil light keeps dimming as if it wants to stay lit. I checked my oil and it is on the max mark. Another problem, I am having very weak acceleration whenever I idle from complete stops. Can someone pleaze help me???????? :roll:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the oil light flicking thing was a problem on my old VW beetle... this could be either a bad oil pump, bad oil pressure sending unit or just your oil is too thin.

did that problem happen right after the head job?
did the acceleration issues appear after the head job?
did both problems occure at the same time?
any other issues associated with your engine?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: My Leganza needs HELP!!!!!!!

Post by AcingTeam »

RhinoWrecker wrote::oops: It has probably been a month since my 2000 leganza had a head job
Man, your Leganza gets more action then me :roll:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

LOL
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

ahha, thats funny right there, i dont care who you are, thats funny.
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

run your engine...

open the hood while then engine is running...

look at the coolant fill box... is there oil inside or bubbles? open the lid and look inside to make sure you aren't confusing bubbles with frothing from the return lines... if you see either of these signs... go get a compression test at the place where you had the head job... and if it fails... make em change the gasket and fix it. that is like a worst case scenario (what i described) but it fits the symptoms. also try swapping out your oil pressure sending unit and be sure to check connections. good luck...
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

First of all, I thank all for your help.

I called my mechanic and he said that maybe the oil is dirty since the valves did bend and all that bad junk. So he recommended me changing the oil.

I was also thinking that it could be my transmission oil considering that I have not changed it in a year since I've had it. transmission filter is really hard to find in Texas.

I took the car to Auto Zone since the check engine light is also on and they said that it's the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors.

Can the sensors be a problem for the slow idle?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yes, cam sensors can be responsible for bad idle, and they might have been damaged while your mechanic was working. Dirty engine oil and dirty transmission fluid have nothing to do with your bad idle, even though it is always a good idea to replace them. Depending on your driving technique, you may never have to replace the transmission fluid.

The cam sensors were recalled as a fire hazard and you can go into a dealer and get them replaced and an in-line fuse installed with no charge to you.
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

Really? How long ago was the recall? I guess i'll make a road trip to Austin Texas. :roll:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the cam sensor recall was on the leganza's too? i didn't know that. i thought it was only for the lanos

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

lanos2001 wrote:the cam sensor recall was on the leganza's too? i didn't know that. i thought it was only for the lanos

nick
After checking the paperwork (I have a 2 inch thick folder with all my Daewoo information with services, recalls, reciepts, etc.) All cars in the USA Daewoo lineup to a certain VIN were recalled. I am holding the original recall paper in my hand.

Those numbers include:

Lanos (VIN 158465-715060)
Nubira (VIN 157058-778128, 998142-998146)
Leganza (VIN 105594-331911)

All cars within that range (like 95% of all Daewoos) are eligible for a cam sensor recall.

It doesn't matter if you are the first or tenth owner, you can legally get it done or you can sue them. If anyone needs, I may be able to get a copy of the recall bulletin to you since I'm sure that most of you are not the original buyers :) and most original buyers didn't give enough of a damn to send the forwarding card to your address.
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

Well hey do you think you can send me a copy, it'll really help me out and save me $60 dollars
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

The recall info is for the CMP camshaft position sensors. Each Daewoo owner should have gotten a personalized card that you can take to the dealership. I now realize that my card has only my VIN number for my Lanos and sending it would be of no help. You can however write to Daewoo and ask them for your own personalized card and recall info. I will post the address tomorrow.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

as long as the place that'll service daewoo's has the VIN numbers and cross reference his, then as long as his daewoo's VIN is included then they should be able to do it. i got my card but i didn't show it to the place i took it.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
ricemill

listing of all recalss

Post by ricemill »

where can i go online to get a listing of all the recalls for the woo