Motorcycle

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Motorcycle

Post by kinkyllama »

Who here rides? and how much are you paying for insurences monthly? full coverage? Anyone know what a 17 year old might have to pay?

None of my friends have full coverage so i cant get any kinda idea.. i wont go with anything other than full. But one of my friends, 19, is only paying $500 usd a year.. of course.. it isnt full.

Also what kinda miles do you get outta a sports bike? I know its much less than a car. I think im going to buy a suzuki GSX-R 600 soon.. i know.. alota bike for someone just getting out. But i rather do this than buy something less and wanting to upgrade soon after. I havnt had much luck finding a nice one cheap (under 3k) cuz i wanna pay for it all at once in cash.. but i doubt thats gonna end up happening. I think ill end up just buying like an 04 with little miles and pay for it monthly
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

also its not easy to find a stock or near stock 600. Ive found a few though.. im looking at an 04 with 2.3k miles on it and only bolt on exhaust. Of course id have to get a loan to afford it with all my other projects coming soon
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Here comes the blah blah blah part from someone. :lol:
Please don't take this as me trying to dissuade you from getting a bike.

To be absolutly honest with you, unless you are already a very good rider with at least a couple years experience under your belt, a 600 street bike will probbly end up with you splattered on the highway.
For a first bike, they are too touchy and accellerate too fast for someone who is not used to it.

Seriously, start with something smaller, or even a used cruiser.

There are too many first time riders getting seriously hurt by buying a bike that is too much for their lack of experience and on-road time.

Just because a street bike is cool, it doesn't make it any safer for someone who is not used to it.

I got my little 250cc for good gas milage, but I also got something that small because I know I wanted to get experience before I moved up to something larger.
Riding a car is not like a bike, which I know you already know, but they are, as you also know, much more dangerous, espeically for someone who is new to riding.

Get they bike you want, but start with something you won't kill yourself the first time you get on the highway.
The bike I have isn't the one I really wanted, but I wanted to make sure I didn't end up as a red smear on the road.

Take a riding safty course. Get the correct protective gear. Get road experience ... THEN get the bike you really want.
You can always sell a used bike for about the same price as you bought it; bikes don't lose a lot of value.

Remember, there are lots of cool bikes out there, but only one of you.
Don't kill yourself from lack of experience on a bike that is too quick.

As for my insurance, I don't have full coverage, but it is only $180 per year. That may also have to do with my age and multiple car discount on my policy.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah i know 600cc is a little fast. :shock: But i decieded its the path im gonna go. I learned on a bike with about 120bhp (i think thats right) and i plan on being extra extra extra carful since im starting out with such a fast bike.

I plan on taking lots of safty courses.. and i already have alot of the gear too.. i need to get a better jacket and thats it i already have everything else.. i even have a jacket its just not as good as i'd like.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i am scared of those things... i feel afraid when i am riding behind the driver of a bike when he is doing 40 Km/h more that i feel afraid when i am doing 170 km/h in my Woo.

i won't drive one of thease... no way in hell.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My biggest concern with a fast bike is wanting to top it out in the first week of riding :shock: haha.. im smart enough and can hold myself back enough not to though.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I've had my bike for several weeks now and still have not topped it out.
Only once have I had it up to 70, but I still don't feel as if I am ready to go any faster without several more hours on it.

I'd rather be over cautious than in the hospital. :P
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I've had my bike for several weeks now and still have not topped it out.
Only once have I had it up to 70, but I still don't feel as if I am ready to go any faster without several more hours on it.

I'd rather be over cautious than in the hospital. :P
wow really? How often do you ride?

Most people that i know top there new bikes out in the first week... and with some of there bikes that around 200mph :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I usually ride 4 or 5 days a week for about an hour or so.
I'm still not pushing the engine for the first 500 miles like the dealer told me not to while the engine is in it's break-in time. Pushing a new engine too hard too soon can shorten it's life and it's performance.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Turns out last time i went to the make for a deposite they told me i had 1350bux more than i actually did.. so when i went today to put some of my money from one account into another (so i could buy a bike) i asked just to be sure and i was 1350 short... :roll:

So much for a bike... maybe in about 3 weeks ill have enough.. depending on how much my other projects end up costing
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Who stole your money?? :shock:

LOL ... perhaps it was that night with all the beer and girls from the bar that you don't remember. :lol:
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Who stole your money?? :shock:

LOL ... perhaps it was that night with all the beer and girls from the bar that you don't remember. :lol:

at least they were girls :lmao:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I was going to say other stuff, but then I remembered you are in Arazona and not West Virginia. hahahah (no offense to those of you in WV - It's all in jest) :lol:
Last edited by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Who stole your money?? :shock:

Normally i would think thats the case. :lol: but i dont carry my wallet on me so theres no chance.. plus i check for withdraws and whatnot and there is only one since ive had the account open.. which is 12bux at dennys :D

Who knows.. i dont even know why i got so bummed out.. ill have 1300 in like a week since i have very few bills to pay... hell if i didnt have so much hw i could probably manage to make 2k
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BCC423

Post by BCC423 »

my full coverage with progressive(#1 motorcycle insurance provider) is 260/year, but i dont even need insurance in florida, but its good to get it anyways, oh yea, my first bike is a suzuki intruder 1500, im looking at a harley sportster 1200, but thats after my car is finished
silver 99 lanos hatchback