Leganza 2.2 in a Reno?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ShalerPunk

Leganza 2.2 in a Reno?

Post by ShalerPunk »

I know the Leganza 2.2 is taller than the Reno 2.0, but are the mounts the same? And if so, does it make the valve cover poke into the hood, or does it make the oil pan drag?

I deliver pizza in my Reno, so my 100000mile (220000km?) warranty will be up in about a year and a half... I was thinking about building a motor in my house and dropping it in when my warranty is through. Also, would it be easier to drop the Reno head onto a 2.2 block? Or should I just forget about the 2.2 and build a second 2.0?

On a side note, next Thursday I am driving 600 miles to a sway bar manufacturer... They are going to develop front and rear sways for the Reno and they're using my car for test fitment. I don't know if the parts would also fit 1.4-1.8L Lacettis or Forenzas, but I'm sure they'll fit Canadian Optras. I guess I'll (hopefully) have pictures in a couple weeks.

Michael Blanyer
2005 Suzuki Reno LX
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The 2.2L would fit no problem but you would need to use most of the 2.0L Reno sensors and components to make it work.

Personally..... if I were you I'd just buy another 2.0L... I picked up a 2.0L Forenza engine for $325 USD and it only had 9000miles on it !!!!!

One went last week for $500

Right now most of the scrap yards think that there is no need for the 2.0L engines (since most people will have warranty for several more years )

If they knew that those engines would fit into the Daewoo vehicles they would probably want three or four times more money.

So what is it that you want from this new engine???

The 2.2L gets worse gas mileage and not much more power..... I think if I were driving around all the time I'd go the other way and drop in a 1.6L Aveo engine and throw a turbo on it.

When driving "normal" you'd get better gas mileage than the 2.0L and when you hit the gas you would have more power than the 2.0L

The Daewoo Lacetti ( Reno/Optra 5) usually comes with the 1.6L in the rest of the world.

I'd bet that you could easily make 150hp to 200hp with the 1.6L from an Aveo and it's pretty much a straight drop in.

Usually I tell everyone to get rid of the 1.6L and drop in a 2.0L turbo but in your case you would benifit from better gas mileage from the 1.6L.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ShalerPunk

Post by ShalerPunk »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:The 2.2L gets worse gas mileage and not much more power..... I think if I were driving around all the time I'd go the other way and drop in a 1.6L Aveo engine and throw a turbo on it.

When driving "normal" you'd get better gas mileage than the 2.0L and when you hit the gas you would have more power than the 2.0L

The Daewoo Lacetti ( Reno/Optra 5) usually comes with the 1.6L in the rest of the world.

I'd bet that you could easily make 150hp to 200hp with the 1.6L from an Aveo and it's pretty much a straight drop in.

Usually I tell everyone to get rid of the 1.6L and drop in a 2.0L turbo but in your case you would benifit from better gas mileage from the 1.6L.
I need 250+ hp...

lol.

I'm thinking 2.0 or 2.2, plus GT2871R. I need to check the compression maps of it and comparable turbos against the two motors.

Michael Blanyer
2005 Suzuki Reno LX