god acceleration in cold weather than in hot one

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KIMO

god acceleration in cold weather than in hot one

Post by KIMO »

Hi

i want to know the reason for the god acceleration in cold weather than in hot one.

is that may due to bad oxygen sensor of water temperature sensor or any thing else.

Thanks
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

when your car's intake gets colder air it gives more horse power b/c the air is more dense the colder it is. when its hotter its less oxygen so it'll make you slower. the power increase is very minimal but you would feel it if the weather changed all of a sudden. hope this helps.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

lanos2001 wrote: the power increase is very minimal but you would feel it if the weather changed all of a sudden. hope this helps.

nick
I notice big time living in AZ... BBIG TIME
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i 2nd that... actually this is how a chocochip works, it tells the ECU that the air is cold so it - the ECU - dumps more fuel which otherwise was not going to be dumped due to the low level of oxygen available in hot air.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DArkstalker
Super

Post by DArkstalker »

I feel a nice increase here i west Texas. Temps are ususally around or above 100 Fehrenheit to around 50 now.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yessuh, Cold Air > Hot Air.

After Hurricane Wilma, the temps dropped about 35 F overnight. The next morning on my drive to school, to escape getting smushed by a Semi, I had to really step on it. I floored it, the tires chirped for the first time and the car really pushed me back into my seat. Sad but true, first time it has ever done that!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

maybe you need a chocoship to enjoy that more often :twisted:

MMamdouh
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

"chocochips" are one of these biggest bullshit i ever saw. more fuel = more power :lol: is the life so simple? without enough O2, a part of the fuel will not burn... incomplete combustion. the same you get with a higher fuelpressure. with the higher pressure you get more fuel and a better spray-picture in the cylinder... this is the better way by low-cost-pimp :wink:

tschau norman
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

norman wrote:moin,

"chocochips" are one of these biggest bullshit i ever saw. more fuel = more power :lol: is the life so simple? without enough O2, a part of the fuel will not burn... incomplete combustion. the same you get with a higher fuelpressure. with the higher pressure you get more fuel and a better spray-picture in the cylinder... this is the better way by low-cost-pimp :wink:

tschau norman
you also need a smaller injection time or injector with the higher pressure.

it's like a limiting reagent problem from chem
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

mmamdouh wrote:i 2nd that... actually this is how a chocochip works, it tells the ECU that the air is cold so it - the ECU - dumps more fuel which otherwise was not going to be dumped due to the low level of oxygen available in hot air.

MMamdouh
Is it possible to have this chocochip hack to actually fool the ECU that the ambient temperature is higher and thus leaning the mixture out instead of making it rich like what most people do?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i guess the trick works both ways and you can do that but what are the benefits??

MMamdouh
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

chronoti wrote:
you also need a smaller injection time or injector with the higher pressure.

it's like a limiting reagent problem from chem
??? smaller injection time? why? with the higher pressure, more fuel goes through the injectors in the same time = rich mixture. if you use a adjustable pressure regulator, you can make a fine tuning. i think, 10-20% more pressure is enough...
mmamdouhi wrote:
i guess the trick works both ways and you can do that but what are the benefits??
at high rpm, a hole in the piston... :wink:

tschau norman
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

Well, leaning out will be good for daily drivese. Might get that fuel economy benefit. Leaner would mean it will be hotter too. So I can't push the car too much else get that hole in the piston. :lol:
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

ok the the sensor works like a thermosistor hotter it is lower resitance, what your doing with choco chip is taking some of the current down through another reistor (of higher resitance) and sending some signal to ground and making it falsely read higher.

to make it lean what your going to need to do is find how to SLIGHTLY decrease resistance. by that voltage in to signal out, i dont have the schematic for the sensor so i cant tell you but i will say you need a big reistor for this.

also what wires you jump with this choco chip? maybe putting a led inseries with the resistor would look pimp