Once again exhaust question

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

RevirD

Once again exhaust question

Post by RevirD »

I need some input on running a 2" pipe with the same bends as the stock and also removing the Middle Drum. What are the gains and downfalls.
Just E-v-i-r-D
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: Once again exhaust question

Post by AcingTeam »

RevirD wrote:I need some input on running a 2" pipe with the same bends as the stock and also removing the Middle Drum. What are the gains and downfalls.
If by the middle drum you mean resinator (1st muffler), then obviously the sound will be louder, you will get a bit more power in the top end. I have stock piping with no resinator and a straight through muffler at the end... I love it.
I'm sure you will like it, just choose the muffler wisely.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah no weedeater mufflers please. can't stand that damn sound. make sure when you choose to get recommendations on which one would give the sound your looking for. ractive is a good brand i personally have flowmasters on mine.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

you have to be carefull running free flowing mufflers etc because flow = hp, but back pressure = torque. I know a lot of people who have simple put a cannon on the back of their cars and wonder why they are slower off the mark then before, and its all due to having not enough back pressure. What model daewoo do you have?? I have a 2' with a resonator on my 2L leganza and it runs well. The only reason i have a resonator is because it removes alot of the high frequency pitches from your exhaust note. I personally dont like high pitched 4cylinders
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
RevirD

Post by RevirD »

i have a 2001 lanos se 1.5 8v.
Just E-v-i-r-D
tango

Post by tango »

DON'T DO IT!! I have the same engine in my Cielo and you will find a flat spot around 3500rpm or so when you accelerate. Leave the resonator in place and you should prevent that from happening. Also, the sound from the pipe isn't that easy to tune to sound correct either.
Cogito ergo sum...
RevirD

Post by RevirD »

Thanks tango. But i noticed that my car is struggling to pass 130 and the only thing done to it is just a SRI and a new exhaust
Just E-v-i-r-D
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

remember... it only sounds sweet when u wot it... mitsubishis and some hondas sound sweet even if not wot
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

lanos2001 wrote:ractive is a good brand i personally have flowmasters on mine.
I had a flowmaster on my car at first and it was super loud.... given it was a "testing" muffler from my buddies shop I gave it back to him and ordered a nice stainless Magnaflow muffler.

The Magnaflow had less restriction than the flowmaster ( I can see straight through from one end to the other of the magnaflow ) but yet it was way quieter.... especially at lower RPM levels.

I'm really happy with my Magnaflow and I would recomend it to anyone I know..... sure it's $30 to $50 more than some of the others but I think it was worth the extra money.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

Do you know the model number of the magnaflow muffler you got? I was on the magnaflow web site, listening to some sound clips, but I couldn't really tell what model number I was looking for.
My Chevy Woo
2004 Chevy Optra 5
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:
lanos2001 wrote:ractive is a good brand i personally have flowmasters on mine.
I had a flowmaster on my car at first and it was super loud.... given it was a "testing" muffler from my buddies shop I gave it back to him and ordered a nice stainless Magnaflow muffler.

The Magnaflow had less restriction than the flowmaster ( I can see straight through from one end to the other of the magnaflow ) but yet it was way quieter.... especially at lower RPM levels.

I'm really happy with my Magnaflow and I would recomend it to anyone I know..... sure it's $30 to $50 more than some of the others but I think it was worth the extra money.
the aeroturbine was straight throught but it was super super loud but the flex pipes fixed now maybe it would be lower...
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

ChiPPy wrote:Do you know the model number of the magnaflow muffler you got? I was on the magnaflow web site, listening to some sound clips, but I couldn't really tell what model number I was looking for.
my neighbor had the dual ones on his nissan sentra... sounded pretty sweet but it was way to loud for him...
tango

Post by tango »

RevirD wrote:Thanks tango. But i noticed that my car is struggling to pass 130 and the only thing done to it is just a SRI and a new exhaust
You may have issues. That car should be able to run all the way to at least 180km/h indicated...I've done 175 and accelerating in my Cielo out on Palisados. Your car has dual intake manifold runners, doesn't it? Check to see that your butterfly valve (that copper-looking actuator on the manifold) is actuating properly. This could cause a restriction in your intake if jammed.
Cogito ergo sum...