Motorcycle

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I just got my motorcycle license... on sunday (3 days ago) and I'd never ridden one before in my life... I have to say they are fun to ride... but when i go to buy my bike (hopefully soon) I'm going to buy a little 250cc Ninja, it's what i rode during the training course i took and i loved the feel of the bike... Maybe later i'll get something bigger =) but yeah... My step dad said "we can sell the Woo and get you a bike" and i told him he was crazy and i wasn't parting with the woo...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BCC423 wrote:my full coverage with progressive(#1 motorcycle insurance provider) is 260/year, but i dont even need insurance in florida, but its good to get it anyways, oh yea, my first bike is a suzuki intruder 1500, im looking at a harley sportster 1200, but thats after my car is finished
Damn.. thats cheaper than i expected for full coverage
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Aneab wrote:I just got my motorcycle license... on sunday (3 days ago) and I'd never ridden one before in my life... I have to say they are fun to ride... but when i go to buy my bike (hopefully soon) I'm going to buy a little 250cc Ninja, it's what i rode during the training course i took and i loved the feel of the bike... Maybe later i'll get something bigger =) but yeah... My step dad said "we can sell the Woo and get you a bike" and i told him he was crazy and i wasn't parting with the woo...

~Kyle
Lemme know how much your insurences is for the bike. and if you get it on the same plan as your car lemme know how much it is togather and how much it was when you just had the woo. also are you gonna get full coverage? This will be helpyful since your my age and live in the same area as me.

In late janurary ill for sure have enough for a used gsx-r 600.. maybe enough for new but i dont think i want a new one anyways...plus i wanna start saving up more money again for a convertible. lol.. i have no intentions of moving out of my parents house.. just buying toys. :roll: Thing is.. its not the toys i cant afford its the friggin insurence. When i first got my car they wanted 4k a year for full coverage.. thats with every possible reduction (i.e. schools, class', grades, and such).
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I've got just over 1100 miles on the bike now.

It is a LOT better now that I have the windshield and saddle bags.

The windshield helps so much I don't need glasses or goggles on at all, but they are good just in case of insects or something that may get in my eyes.

I had to change the exhaust, too. The stock muffler was VERY restrictive.
The old muffler had the same outlet hole as my father's 49cc scooter and the bike was so quiet you almost could not hear it was running.

The new one is great and it sounds loud and low ... just like it should!
It's got LOTS more power and torque now.

Last edited by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz on Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I have to say, thats a nice looking bike...
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Heres the bike i want... It's korean made... By Hyosung...

GT250R, it's quick, one of my step dad's friends has one, my step dad has a Hyosung GV250 which is the cruiser... I kinda noticed a trend with my step dad he buys a Daewoo in 99' just as soon as the dealership opened in phoenix, and then he went out and found another new to the US market Korean vehical, the Hyosung... I kinda chuckled at first when i saw it, but it's actually a nice bike... Runs very well...

What year is the Suzuki you have? I wonder because the design of the suzuki's and the Hyosung come from the same design studio... and if you look at one one of the 650cc Sport bikes by suzuki, it looks almost exactly the same as the GT650R
~Kyle~
BCC423

Post by BCC423 »

heres my 750lbs of pure japaneese muscle!(suzuki intruder 1500)Image
if i had a 250, i dont know what i'd do lol, 1500 was the biggest they made in 98, i have 76000 miles on this bike, LONG LIVE SUZUKI!!!!--v-twin 6valve carbed!
silver 99 lanos hatchback
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BCC423 wrote:heres my 750lbs of pure japaneese muscle!(suzuki intruder 1500)if i had a 250, i dont know what i'd do lol, 1500 was the biggest they made in 98, i have 76000 miles on this bike, LONG LIVE SUZUKI!!!!--v-twin 6valve carbed!
Holy shit ive never heard of that many miles on a bike.. actually i dont think ive even heard of 20k on a bike. I know they last as long as cars but still havnt heard of anyone actually keeping them that long
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BCC423

Post by BCC423 »

the only thing i have ever had to do to it is replace the choke switch, and change the fluids, i know someone with this same bike with 105000 miles before he sold it lol
silver 99 lanos hatchback
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I saw a bike online with 500k miles on it... made me wonder what their commute was like... Don't remember where i saw it though otherwise i'd hook you up with its link...
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Nice Intruder! I see Suzuki used the same rear view mirrors on both bikes. I had to change my mirrors because they were so short I could not see past my shoulders! LOL
My new handlebar end-mount mirrors are great and they fold up or down out of the way when needed, such as putting the motorcycle cover on.

My next bike will be probably Suzuki Boulivard C50 a Yamaha V-Star Silverado.
The Suzuki is 820cc's and the Yamaha is 650cc's.
I can NOT understand why the Suzuki web site lists the engine size in cubic inches. I have NO idea what size 50 cubic inches is without using a conversion program to tell me. That really irritates me. They should use cubic centimeters so everyone knows what size the engine is.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/C50K6/Default.aspx
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/star/produc ... /home.aspx
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BCC423 wrote:my full coverage with progressive(#1 motorcycle insurance provider) is 260/year, but i dont even need insurance in florida, but its good to get it anyways, oh yea, my first bike is a suzuki intruder 1500, im looking at a harley sportster 1200, but thats after my car is finished
260 a year? you sure? I just got a qoute for 6300 a year and my car gives me a discount.. but that 6300 doesnt include the car and thats from progressive
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

a friend of mine, here in phoenix who had a 650 suzuki only paid 30$ a month... but that was just liabilty... He said full coverage is insane... not because you're insuring the vehicle... but your life.

Edit : he's 17
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Aneab wrote:a friend of mine, here in phoenix who had a 650 suzuki only paid 30$ a month... but that was just liabilty... He said full coverage is insane... not because you're insuring the vehicle... but your life.

Edit : he's 17
Yeah.. i donno everyone ive talked to pays like a few hundred bucks a year and that its.. not full coverage and kids my age (16-25).

But my qoute w/o comprehensive and collision was still 2809 a year with the discount of having ym car on the plan (but not including the cars cost) and using the bike once in awhile for "pleasure".

Everyone ive talked to probably uses theere parents. Thats what ill do.. since they have a house, 4 cars, a bike (including my car n so to have bike), and whatever else is covered...oh boat! they get an insane deal. Plus they told me that since im only 17 i cant even take classes to lower it.. but if its in my parents name they can since they're older. grr
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport