How come my car still vibrates after alignment and balance

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you mean you want to know how to diagnose axle and bearings problems??

if that is the case then you have to look for:

1- free play in the suspected wheel... lift and jack the car then put one hand on to of the tire and the other on the bottom and try to juggle the wheel in and out... if it moves then you got free play... that can be fixed by tightening the center bolt a little.

2- with the car jacked up... spin the wheel fast whth your hand then listen to any noses by putting your ear on the car's body... this way you can hear if their is any roughness in the bearings or not... smooth bearings got no sound.

3- take off the bearings for visual inspection... their should not be shiny parts or broken bits or sharp metal parts in the greas... any signs of that and your bearings are bad and need replacment.

4- for the axel.. i got no idea... i didn't know that mine is bent till i took it off and placed it next to the new one... i got no standard measurments or so that you can use to check.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
l_BlakBear_l

Re: How come my car still vibrates after alignment and balan

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

[/quote]
how do u do that because sears did the work could sears do it for free because theres still vibration?[/quote]

i work at sears used to as a mechanic, now a sales person. but if your sears auto center is anything like mine. defenite no. they dont fix things that they not suppose to work on. you might have a slipped belt in one of the tires. best bet take it to em and ask for a front end check and have em look at the tires. i might be late didnt read all the posts..could have fixed your problem by now :wink:

apparently the qoute came out crappy :roll: [/quote]
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
SickDrift
Junior

Re: How come my car still vibrates after alignment and balan

Post by SickDrift »

l_BlakBear_l wrote: you might have a slipped belt in one of the tires.

Is slipping a belt similar to having a tire seperate on you?
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

yes. a slipped belt is basically similair to a tire seperating. well the belt comes apart on teh inside and the tire pretty much seperates.. so id say its pretty much the same.
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

could the inner bearin cause the noise because the outer bearin and the hub on the FRs replaced
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

probably, had a car in today. sebring bad bearings makes a whining type sound.. was bad. but get it cheecked properly
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

DaewoLeganza wrote:could the inner bearin cause the noise because the outer bearin and the hub on the FRs replaced
front wheel got one bearing only

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267