Would a honda civic turbo kit fit a lanos or aveo 1.6??

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

frenchard101

Would a honda civic turbo kit fit a lanos or aveo 1.6??

Post by frenchard101 »

Hey fellas. My buddy just bought his new car today ( 97 volvo 850 turbo, 240hp) and im totally jealous of the power he pulls out of it. I reallllly need a turbo kit for my aveo so we can race!! I was checking out some honda civic turbo kits, and it looks like the set up would fit the aveo perfectly, the only thing i would worry about is the exhaust manifold. I wouldnt mind having to make a few minor cuts, etc.. look at this pic:

I'm wondering if anyone would know the details of this, or if any of you guys have tried it first hand. please let me know
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Looks like the Edlebrock Honda kit... I doubt thatd fit, the air filter to turbo intake pipe will hit headlights and is positioned all wrong.

Id be concerned of turbo to block and turbo to oil filter clearance also...

You can piece together a low boost kit REALLY easily and cheaply!
Have a look at the HowTo on here and http://www.homemadeturbo.com for a bit more of a ghetto approach...

--Tim
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

HAHAHA looks like we had the same idea LOL
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

i dont think all the piping will fit in our engine bay...some pieces look to short and then some look to long....u could use the header,turbo, and intercooler but you would need to get custom piping....but while we are talking turbo, how much do you think the plastic intake mani will hold up to?
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Well be found out the guy suppling us with info at the other site may have been lying. I've been wanting to find a used manifold and cap it off with a psi gauge then pump it up till it cracks.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

most likely he was...so you should think about that first frenchard
frenchard101

Post by frenchard101 »

rats. why does it have to be so difficult for us! so you think if i get a civic exhaust mani it'd fit? cause if i can just get the manifold ill be able to hook up the turbo and get any intercooler then get some piping fabricated at a metal shop or something
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

yea you will have to do some work on the header though. theres a thread on http://aveoclub.proboards26.com/index.cgi where someone was planning to use a civic header and talked about what had to be done.

heres a link to a thread that talks about a turbo kit from overseas that would work for the aveo
http://aveoclub.proboards26.com/index.c ... 1133734923
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

I think DomWoo used a Civic turbo manifold on his 1.6 DOHC Lanos. So should be okay - i think he just changed the flange? Check his sticky out...

I'd imagine the manifold would handle atleast 10psi - someone should get a Boost/Vac gauge and check how much the engine vacs under full load. Id imagine it should handle the equivalent amount of boost since its the same amount of pressure just in a different direction (push instead of pull?)

--Tim
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

ubuyau wrote:...someone should get a Boost/Vac gauge and check how much the engine vacs under full load. Id imagine it should handle the equivalent amount of boost since its the same amount of pressure just in a different direction (push instead of pull?)

--Tim

ehh... submarines don't do well in space... and spacecraft don't do well underwater :lol:
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Audacityracing wrote:ehh... submarines don't do well in space... and spacecraft don't do well underwater :lol:
Have you tried?!?!?? :p I cant remember the last time someone tried a sub in space!

--Tim
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

no :lol: , but the structure is different :D
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

also a thought is before you boost to make sure all the bolts are in your intake mani....i know alot of aveos are missing one, and another one of mine has rattled out