intake

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kalekendel

intake

Post by kalekendel »

id like to make a new intake system and i like the spectre kit that you can build up yourself but is there anything cheaper that is as nice or comperable to that kit cuz i dont have too much money
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

what kind of car? if its a lanos 1.6 a CAI from a 94+ acura integra gsr works with slight modification

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kalekendel

Post by kalekendel »

its a nubi with 2.0
bsharon

Post by bsharon »

I like the one I got from 360, but the plastic clamps keep breaking. and I hate the way it is mounted. The engine moves and breaks my clamp mounts. Love the way it sounds and feels. I opened my hood last night because my car sounded diffrent and the intake tube was broke in half. well because the clamp had broke and I am sure that it is not good to be driving with out an air filter at all. lol Well i think it is good now, but I have to figure out somekind of ruber flexible mounting system. anyway. any idea's on any other style intakes that might have been made since I bouth that one!. ?
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

i had mine custon made out of 2.5 inch pipe and it works great. Just go to auto zone and buy about 3 pices of 2.5 inch pipe and two rubber groments to hold the pipe together and a filter. Then cut the pipe and get someone to weld it. Or if you want you and use one pice of pipe and make a short ram intake. oh and dont forget to mount it so it dosent rattel or break free from the groments

KDM 2.0 Nubira
bsharon

Post by bsharon »

what type of pipe? I was thinking like exhaust pipe? or is that stupid. lol Too bad I have no idea where to pic up some aluminuim piping.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

exhaust pipe would work but its really heavy. you could order a CAI from another car and mod it to work on your nubi

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Yea the exhaust pipe is really heavy i would say look on ebay for a CAI that looks similer and just buy some groments and cut it to fit. That would be your best bet.

KDM 2.0 Nubira