chevrolettech.com

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

chevrolettech.com

Post by Efratech »

Hi,

i've been toying with the idea of registering this domain.

we will keep the daewootech.com too, but this will make us more avaliable for europe Chevrolet users.

also Chevtech.com sounds ace

What do you guys think?

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

:roll: ok, with me.
ImageImage
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

sounds good to me

if you cant find a good deal try going through my website www.virtualwebbuilder.com
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

It would really be a good way to join the families together, european family with the North American Daewoo and Aveo, Forenza, Optra guys. Just remember to give it to google and other search engines so people can find it.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

sounds crap to me! everyone still calls "chevrolets" daewoos here.... it aint a real chevy..... i mean, a real ones a corvette... i always loved the stingray but whats a chevrolet these days is like the one on the front page and in that logo you made... just a mk4 astra with a chevrolet badge.... gmtech would make more sence, then you can open the doors to vauxhall, opel, holden aswell as the daewoos, chrvrolets etc
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i understand but in terms of advertising is a different thing.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Honestly... I agree that GMTECH would sound better.... when you register "Chevrolet" we will get a pile of young goofs looking for Sunfire, Cavalier, Cobalt parts.... they will probably give us a hard time about the Daewoos and say "It's not a Chevy"

Many hard core Chevrolet fans will be pissed if they go onto this site and find it's all about Daewoo cars.

Sure Daewoo's are better.... but they won't see it that way

How about GMDATTECH.com??

Or GMWORLDTECH.com..... I dunno.... when I see Daewoo I don't think "Chevy" I think "OPEL, HOLDEN, VAUXHALL"

WORLD-GM-TECH.com

I'm not sure what to say..... but I'd definitly stick to GM as opposed to Chevrolet
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i already registered chevrolettech.com,

im thinking of another domain

i guess gmdat.com?, but thats already taken :P

What i will make clear its that its a GM DAT site not a common american chevrolet site
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I just hope that we don't have to spend time Moderating Chev Cavalier guys mouthing off about Daewoo vehicles.... there are litterally hundreds of thousands of these guys in North America.... just visit JBODY.ORG and mention Daewoo cars and see what a wonderfull response you get.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

oh well , i guess everywhere u mention daewoo you get a bad welcome, even on vauxhalls sites
Stefan
Super

Re: chevrolettech.com

Post by Stefan »

Efrain A. wrote:Hi,

we will keep the daewootech.com too, but this will make us more avaliable for europe Chevrolet users.

What do you guys think?

I'm glad you did not register Chevtech.com. I can imagine it being called "Chavtech" in the UK!

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: chevrolettech.com

Post by Rodd1s »

Stefan wrote:
Efrain A. wrote:Hi,

What do you guys think?

I'm glad you did not register Chevtech.com. I can imagine it being called "Chavtech" in the UK!

Stef
chavtech... haha! that wudnt surprise me. but then again... hav u ever seen a 'chav' driving a daewoo or chevy? i havnt... yet. hopefully it'll stay that way.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

I saw a chav this morning at Tesco driving a white cavalier! it had like a 10 inch sun strip with motorsport on it and wanker lights on the bonnet! I guess thats why theyre nicknamed as chavaliers nower days? we even changed the badges on theback of my mates one to say chavalier! was quite hard to find an H to use

I'd quite like a cav sri130 though... am really tempted to buy an old mk2... just love the shape and style of 'em
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I was sitting here reading this and thinking "chav"... what the hell is that... but thankfully wikipedia has a definition for all us "non-uk" guys..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

oh Wiggers! that's what we call them in the states.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!