where the water go..??

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosrider

where the water go..??

Post by lanosrider »

every 2 , 3 days i have to put some water for the radiatore because it keeps deacreasing .. i dont know where the water go .. i got a lanos 99 .. i have completed the 100kmiles a week ago ... i dont know what should i change now so that i dont get into more trouble .. ohter than the timeing belt i have already changed it.. and thank u guys
Aneab
Expert

Re: where the water go..??

Post by Aneab »

lanosrider wrote:every 2 , 3 days i have to put some water for the radiatore because it keeps deacreasing .. i dont know where the water go .. i got a lanos 99 .. i have completed the 100kmiles a week ago ... i dont know what should i change now so that i dont get into more trouble .. ohter than the timeing belt i have already changed it.. and thank u guys
big yellow cap is where the fluid goes. :D

Last edited by Aneab on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a woo that is a work in progress
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

any leak is either internal or external so you got to find out that first.

does your car drip water on the ground?
is their any visable leak signs on the body of your radiator?
is their any hardned/cracked water hoses in your coolong system?
does your A/C vents immit vapour or coolant smell?
does your A/C drain hose drip even if you don't have the A/C on?
any visable leaks at your thermostate/coolant cap?
after you shut down the engine do you see vapour or hear a "HISSSSS" sound from the engine bay?

if the answer is yes to any of them questions then you got an external leak and you should address it in regards to the nature of the problem you are having

did you change the watr pump when you changed the timing belt? if no then mjost probaly you are going to pay the same amount of labour once again to change the water pump as most probably it is leaking... mine was leaking at 85k kms.

if you got no external leak then water might be leaking inside the engine...

do you have oil in your coolant?
do you have coolant in your oil? (oil will look like mayonaiz(spelling?))
does the exhaust gases always go out in the form of white clouds even if it is not cold outside?
are your spark plugs kinda rusty?
do you have hard starting issues if you turn off the engine and try to restart it after some 15 to 20 min. or so?
does the car sputter a little or do you haver some hesitation or power loss?

if you answer yes to any of those questons then you got internal leak and most probably it is head gasket issue.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanosrider

Post by lanosrider »

no oil in coolent no coolent in oil ... and there is no veseble leakage ... hmm i notice one thing though there is water comping from the exhust when its in a cold moring it drips
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

dripping is normal... it is the natural result of combustion when you have a healthy engine.

most probably you don't have internal leak but you must have a leak as coolant couldn't just go into thin air.

drive the car hard for 5 min. or so then park it and turn off the engine instantly... this will make the coolant heat up and put more pressure on the cooling system and make any leak really visable.

again i ask... did you change the water pump??

MMamdouh
lanosrider

Post by lanosrider »

i never changed anything until now .. but lately i have gave the car a hard time .. i always push it to the limit ..... i didnt change the pump
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

most probably it is the one leaking... unfortunatly to detect that leak it is a PITA as the pump is hidden in the timing belt cover... i once poured water on top of the engine so that the water falls on the water pump and the water came down green all over the street... this indecates that the pump is leaking and resedues of the coolant are stuck on the engine block arround the pump, at 100k miles it is expected to have a leaky pump.

MMamdouh
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

if you're having to put fluid in every 2-3 days thats a pretty fast leak, and if you dont see any dripping from around the engine, i'd take MMamdouh's advice and check your water pump.
a woo that is a work in progress
lanosrider

Post by lanosrider »

thanx guys