The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

I scratch my gonads all week, go out and get hammered most tuesdays and/or saturdays, and work saturday and sunday.
get a real job
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol i do need a proper job like.

I work in Maplin Electronics, im sure a lotta you UK guys know of it.

It's the worst job, ever.

The only female that worked ther ejust stopped turning up, and i used to work with her on sats and sundays.

RAGIN
SAZ
---------------------
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Pir0 wrote:Lol i do need a proper job like.

I work in Maplin Electronics, im sure a lotta you UK guys know of it.

It's the worst job, ever.

The only female that worked ther ejust stopped turning up, and i used to work with her on sats and sundays.

RAGIN
Maybe u scared her somehow :lol: jk lol
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

don't know bout ya'll but its about to be BEER:30 here
Club Scooters here i come!!!!!! be back in a few hours misspelling stuff.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, or maybe working with 5 other guys in a place she didnt really know much about scared her a bit. We had great craic up at the till. One day she answered the phone, and a guy was asking her about computer stuff, and she said, ok 2 secs, put the phone on mute, and asked me,

'This fella want's to know if... if.. his mother can handle 800 memory?! :? '

I don't think i've laughed so much in my entire life, her face was priceless. Actually am ragin she's away like, she was one of the only ppl that worked there who you coulda had a laugh with, 90% of the rest of them are either boring, annoying or too serious... Does my head in these days. 9 hour shifts standing at a till getting asked ridiculous questions by condescending customers. I love it when they're wrong though. Absolutly LOVE it. Cause they act so cocky and full of it, because they think they've got one over on a fella that works in an electronic store. Wronggggg.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

the thing i love about electronics stores is when theres someone working there who doesnt have a clue. i always confuse them a little then tell them what they should be explaining to me and the 2 other customers they just sold the wrong components to. lol

halfords is similar, my local branch no one has a clue. you can ask them anything and they're bound to give u some stupid answer, eg: you can ask them whether they have any spark plugs for your diesel ford focus and they'll try and order it in for you. they will actually get on the phone to their ford parts supplier and ask for sparkplugs for a diesel powered car.

one of the worst things is when an employee at halfords asks me if i need help fitting a light bulb in the car. if i needed help i'd f*cking ask for it.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, if i dont something about a certain thing, i say to them, i honestly havent a baldy, go ask that fella, and point at someone who i think might know. Like, last time iw as working, someone asked me for a cannon lead. I had NOOOOOO idea wtf it was. Turns out it's a Mic lead.

Lol rodd, i love getting people that try and do what you like doing, only they're wrong. Got a guy studying electrical engineering in one day arguing with me a batetry wouldnt go flat after a prolonged time in a circuit. I said to him, ever heard of a capacitor? and he was like, what do you mean? ofc i've heard of one, i do electrical engineering. And i was like... o_o what happens a capacitor when in series with a component? 'Discharges?'

..Bingoooooooooo. Go home!
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats why i dontwork in customer service! id end up telling ppl to go fuck their selfs, yeah i wouldnt have a job

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

B&Q is especially bad for hiring people who dont have a clue about home & garden DIY... i know about 3 of the people who work at the one here in tonbridge, 2 of which are girls (no offence to the ladies)... and i know for a fact that none of them know the first thing about recommending which type of plant pot to use for an interior plant (not that i really care which should be used, but some people might wana know such things) and most of the time you can see them all hiding from customers having a chat.

not that its any much better where i work, we stand around talking, drinking, eating, smoking etc 75% of the time. lol
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

Rodd1s wrote:one of the worst things is when an employee at halfords asks me if i need help fitting a light bulb in the car. if i needed help i'd f*cking ask for it.
reason being if they don't ask you they have to fit it free
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I've felt like telling people to go shove their own sexual organ up they're shite pipe many a time. But i need the money, so i can't.

Just hate getting know-it-alls who either try and make a tit outta you, or, know-it-alls that know fuck all. Does my head in. Every weekend I work, I'm so damn glad to get out the doors at 6pm. Soooooooo so so so so glad. Hate the place now. And im getting taxed and i shouldnt be :(. Melttttt

Sent away my tax forms etc saying i was still at school [when i was still at school] and im stil lgetting like 60/70 quid tax on a 260 quid paycheck. lovely.
SAZ
---------------------
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

u will get it back soon, i get £1057.83 a month but only get £860.49 coz of tax and NI
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

But i dont earn over 5000 a year and i was still at school. Shouldnt have been getting tax fullstop lol. I hope i get it back in my next paycheck, am owed about 300 bills.

And i go to OXegen for 5 days on the 10th, get paid on the 7th. Getting a nice fat 500 quid paycheck would be nice.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

bummer bro, once again im glad i work where i do.... decent money, no public and i have connections through work that i can get shit done free or alot cheaper!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

well your a lucky one.

i do f**k all at work can't tell what it is
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,