Cold air intakes.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Dylan2342

Cold air intakes.

Post by Dylan2342 »

I started posting in another thread but i figure I shouldn't take over another person's thread. I have a 2000 Daewoo Nubira II and I've been want to do some little things to improve performance for now (hopefully much bigger projects later to come). I've been learning as much as i could about the different intakes that you can do for your car. A full Cold Air Intake system. A short ram intake, with cone and panel filters. Also a Cold Air Box for SRIs. I was wondering what I should do. What have people had the best performance with for the SRIs? I'm deciding between SRI/Panel, and SRI/Cone/Air Box. I have an idea for a cold air box. people usually make it out of aluminum or some kind of metal but I started looking at how thermoses work. I figure make kind of the same thing out of two aluminum sheets and instead of the vacuum created for thermoses, I found a heat blocking paste welders use.
http://www.alvinproducts.com/Products/Products.asp?id=7
Should I just keep it simple and replace the stock filter with a K&N panel filter?
Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I'm new at this and want to learn as much as i can