A/C WENT OUT...WHAT TO DO???

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

RhinoWrecker

A/C WENT OUT...WHAT TO DO???

Post by RhinoWrecker »

Ok I just got my 2000 leganza back from my mechanic from doing a head job due to my timing belt busting. I tried turning on the A/C and it doesn't work. The compressor turns on and air comes out of the vents, but not cold air. My uncle put in new free-on, and still does not work. Does anyone have some advice or the slightest idea of what can the solution could be? :roll:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Probably a broken seal so the refrigerant is leaking out.
Perhaps while the mechanic was working, he bumped or bent a hose that is part of the cooling system.
Call the mechanic and tell him what has happened and he should fix it for free or have another A/C certified shop fix it.

Cliff
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

I called him and in a hour I had a new compressor installed, just have to wait until tomorrow 2 see if the problem is gone, I still havnt put in any freeon.

thanks for your help
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

New problem. Now I have noticed that there has been a water leak every time the a/c is on. Does anyone know what is wrong?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you sure its a leak and not condensation just dripping off of it when you park it?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i suppose you mean a leak inside the car right at the feet of the passenger... the water is crystal clean and cold and never appears till the A/C works for a while... if i am right then your condensation drain pipe is blocked and you have to clean it.

i have no idea where is it on a leganza but on a lanos it is an L shaped pipe on the firewall right above the exhaust pipe... better reached from the passenger side of the engine bay.

here is a pic for the pipe on a Lanos:

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

That is not a water leak.

Part of how air condition "conditions" the air is by removing the moisture from the air. When the humidity is lowered, you feel cooler because your sweat dries faster.

That dripping water from your car is all the water that is being pulled out of the air from inside the cabin of your car.

It is working exactly as it should.

Cliff
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

I dont think that the leak is of natural causes. I have checked under my carpet before and it is soaked bad. And now that my a/c is fixed, it's doing it again.
RhinoWrecker

Post by RhinoWrecker »

mmamdouh wrote:i suppose you mean a leak inside the car right at the feet of the passenger... the water is crystal clean and cold and never appears till the A/C works for a while... if i am right then your condensation drain pipe is blocked and you have to clean it.

i have no idea where is it on a leganza but on a lanos it is an L shaped pipe on the firewall right above the exhaust pipe... better reached from the passenger side of the engine bay.

here is a pic for the pipe on a Lanos:

MMamdouh

So just taking off the pipe and cleaning it should do the trick? Thank god for this website, what would I do without it!!!!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

RhinoWrecker wrote:I dont think that the leak is of natural causes. I have checked under my carpet before and it is soaked bad. And now that my a/c is fixed, it's doing it again.
OZ was talking about water dripping on the road surface when the A\C is on... in that case every thing would have been normal as the drain pipe is supposed to throw the condensed water out of the A\C system and it will look as if the car is leaking water on the street.

now that your pipe is clogged the water accumilates inside the A/C till it overflows and leak inside the car.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267