Daewoo on LPG

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Damic

Daewoo on LPG

Post by Damic »

Hi,

I am wondering, how many people from this forum converted their vehicles to run on LPG and what are their impresions of using this fuel.

I converted my 2001 Lanos 1,5 SOHC with Lovato-Loveco-pro system. This is basicaly vakuum system fitted with Lambda sensor control. I have toroid tank placed in the boot instead a spare tyre. Conversion cost was less than 450 EUR.

LPG price here in Serbia fluctuate last few years between 40 to 50 percent of petrol price and that was the main reason for conversion.So, roughly, you save about half a money spent on petrol. Other benefits are that engine on LPG runs more smoothly and silently compared with petrol. The difference is most obvious while the motor is still cold. The consumptrion of LPG is a bit higher than on the petrol. On the open road I consumed 8,45 liter of LPG per 100 km, measured two weeks ago on the tour of 1200 km. Not to mention that the range of the car is now increased almost to double. Some estimation from one domestic LPG forum are that the engine durability is increased between 20 and 50 percent. At last, LPG is several times more enviromentaly friendly than petrol.

Generally, I can say all the best about LPG. Only negative point is that you must loose some boot space. 8)
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

I'll be converting my Aveo (Kalos) to use CNG in Jan 07. LPG is just not explored as one of the alternative fuels here. Keep you posted. I've decided to go for the fumigation system instead of SGI. The kit is more portable that way and I can sell the car as a petrol only later and keep the kit for the next car I get.
Damic

Post by Damic »

Hi genie47,

I am interested, how your Aveo will be performed on CNG. Keep us posted. As you mentioned, one of good things is that you can always sell the car, keep the conversion kit and install it in new one. 8)
MiCHeLiN

LPG

Post by MiCHeLiN »

in Turkey we sell chevy cars lpg if customer want (by the way i work in chevy dealer as a salesman :) ). we use BRC Rail lpg system . no power losts ans save money :P
grandson of Ottoman