c20lz conversion to c20ne

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

velocity

c20lz conversion to c20ne

Post by velocity »

Hello mates,
does anybody knows or have made this conversion? I wonder if i can put the c20ne head + intake mainfold directly over the c20lz motr block. Changing the internals(pistons rods, crankshaft) won't be a problem i hope.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

P.S. - the car is 1991 pontiac sunbird 2.0
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

All you would really need is the intake manifold with all the associated parts. Cylinder heads are the same, so there isnt really much need to get a different one.

Post by velocity »

yeah, thanks buddy - very usefull info!!!

equal heads but there are still more differences - canmshaft , compression ratio .... to work properly we need to convert it to C20NE with all his elements and 9,2-1 compr.ratio(or more - using C20XE pistons with NE is great )))). ALso the idea is to convert it to Motronic managed system and eliminate the Delco .

The plan is for C20NE but later this can grow to C20NE Turbo ... What you think for C20LZ pistons with forced induction ? Somethink like C20XE cranckshaft+rods and C20LZ low copmression pistons? Later on the stages can they be usefull ?

How about the timing belts and pulleys ? The Sunbird system looks similar but who knows... for now is only asking and planing :roll: